Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Cinelog 35 w/ DJI Goggles (and other such n00b questions)

BigSteel

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've wandered over from the Inspire forum.
So I've been dinging around with the DJI FPV drone for the last few months, and now that the Care Refresh that came with it (bought it used) is up in a week, I thought I'd start poking around for something to supplement it. I'm pretty hard on it, and will be sending it to DJI for the second time tomorrow (whoops!). Since I'm still practicing I'm mostly close to the ground, in fields with trees here and there, but still...(Yes, yes, I know that's what sims are for - but they're not nearly as much fun!) They've been low speed, low altitude crashes - mostly clipping props on the grass or branches - but both times arms have broken and I'd like something a little more robust.

I've been seeing good things about the Cinelog 35, and it looks like it fits my wants: prop guards, more 'cinematic' than acro, tougher (????), and it'll work with the V2 DJI goggles with the PNP receiver, right?
I'm thinking of going for the 6S version for longer flight times, but I'm not sure what to go for in terms of a remote controller. Any suggestions? Am I missing anything else?...Likely...

Thanks!

It comes PNP with the Vista unit so it will work with your V2 goggles and you can use your DJI controller.

Get the 6s version and then fly it on 4s until you have the confidence to go for full power with the 6s.

OOps. I forgot that the DJI FPV uses a different controller. Still disappointing.

Well, you can buy the DJI remote controller for about $300. Otherwise you need to pick your flavor of protocol for the receiver and get a radio that works with it. I wouldn't do FrSky. Personally, I think ELRS is the way to go. I love my TX16s, but then you would need to get a ELRS module. I'd probably suggest a ELRS version of the Zorro transmitter for about $100.

Reactions: BigSteel and Kilrah
Awesome! Thanks Tomk~
I've seen that you can run Li-ion packs with the 6S version instead of Li-pos and get longer flight times. Is that something that many people are doing? Or is it recommended?

I would recommend going straight to 6s but using a 75% throttle cap. So you don't need to get extra batteries and you can adjust the power how you want when you want.

Awesome. Thanks everyone.
I think I've settled on the Cinelog 35 HD 6S, RadioMaster TX16S, some 6S 1100 mah packs, and the ISDT Q6 NANO charger.

I love that drone. Flies so smooth (acro). Buy extra frames and an antenna. I crashed and cracked the frame, damaged the antenna. Both were easy to replace. By the way, the drone still flew with the cracked frame and antenna issue but the range was bad until I replaced the antenna. I also recommend buying D90-5 props (five blade). It flies better with these. Have fun! 😝

Post some footage in video section , I would love digital set up but big bucks to crash 😜

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarlysTroe