Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Confused about what to buy? Not any more

Wayno52

Reaction score
Hi again all. Ok so after my previous post and much thought and research I have a quote from a local online hobby shop for my first fpv racer.
I have decided on the following which I believe I can upgrade on as time goes on.
Racer: Diatone tyrant s
Transmitter: Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS
Goggles: Eachine ev800
Charger: Imax B6AC pro balance
Battery pack: Bonka 4s 1300 65c.
All installed and ready to go for $600 delivered. I can get a bit cheaper but they will install everything and send RTF.
Just hoping for some feedback before I place the order. Cheers Wayne

hey Wayne ciao.. i'm a newbie just like you ( I think? lol) anyway I did some research as well and asked over this great forum.. I ended up placing this order.. it cost half of yours and it's a good startup kit :
d72aa825567f27bf05d42ddd085686b5.jpg

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

Hi Simika, thanks heaps for your feedback. I have was also looking at the wizard and slot of good reviews but also some scary bad ones. Maybe bad batch? It's a reasonable outlay but all reviews so far on tyrant are great. Have you got yours yet? If so, how is it? Cheers Wayne

Those two drones are probably the best two RTF deals of 2017 so far. You guys will both be happy I think.

On the EV800, I have mixed feelings. I have those and the Googles Two. The only things I don't like about my EV800 are that the range on the receiver isn't the best, and they aren't that comfortable. But I modded a DVR in mine, and still carry them along as a spectator screen since the faceplate comes off.

Even though they are lower res, I wonder if you might be happier with the VR-007 since they are way more comfortable? I don't know the answer, just food for thought.

It's a reasonable outlay but all reviews so far on tyrant are great. Have you got yours yet? If so, how is it? Cheers Wayne
I just ordered a Tyrant recently, but I don't have my goggles yet. The LOS tests I have done though were outstanding. Very easy to control, and very powerful/responsive.

Hi Simika, thanks heaps for your feedback. I have was also looking at the wizard and slot of good reviews but also some scary bad ones. Maybe bad batch? It's a reasonable outlay but all reviews so far on tyrant are great. Have you got yours yet? If so, how is it? Cheers Wayne
Italian post is famous... to be slow! I was meant to get those last Friday or today but now I've to hope they arrive before end of this week.. I just can't wait to test it!

Those two drones are probably the best two RTF deals of 2017 so far. You guys will both be happy I think.

On the EV800, I have mixed feelings. I have those and the Googles Two. The only things I don't like about my EV800 are that the range on the receiver isn't the best, and they aren't that comfortable. But I modded a DVR in mine, and still carry them along as a spectator screen since the faceplate comes off.

Even though they are lower res, I wonder if you might be happier with the VR-007 since they are way more comfortable? I don't know the answer, just food for thought.
hey mate, hopefully I get it this week.. I know you'll probably laugh about it :D
BUT
should I install and use betaflight when I receive the drone?
the thing is that is rtf and honestly I've no idea what I should look into betaflight or not :) I'm watching online few tutorials but.. anything I should check right away? thanks

if your drone is rtf, i highly recomend NOT tampering with the fc if it is flyable until you do lots of research on changing/ updating firmware etc.

Reactions: simika and Jtrjr
Just connect to cleanflight or betaflight, whichever is installed, and familiarize yourself with the pages. If you do want to change something, make only one or two changes at a time. Once you get the hang of it, you can decide if you want to switch.

Reactions: simika and Jtrjr
Sim,

I'm with Virtue and Green on this one. You shouldn't have to fiddle with anything on an RTF bird. I have a screen recorder on my computer and anytime I get a new bird or make significant changes to one, I use the screen recorder and record a video of me scrolling through all of the setting pages in BetaFlight. If I ever have a flight controller fail or I want to go back to where I started I have a video of all of my settings.

Jerry

guys thank you for your Feedback! we'll the thing is that I wish to change NOTHING at the very begin lol.. that's why I bought a RTF drone. I just got confused by watching some videos.. seemed like it was "the first step to do" but probably they mean it for those not rtf.. :) sure I won't mess with those parameters until I get conscious of what they are!

arrived... had my 1st little flight.. a complete disaster lol..
and I had to setup arm switch on betaflight or I'd not be able to start motors! tomorrow second day of test..
cc2e6409f2298d0c2a5bfa4c87e81acc.jpg

how many batteries do you have? is there a "good" charger where I can recharge 2 or 3 batteries?

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the DroneRacingPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments racing quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Reactions: simika

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam