Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Confused about what to buy?

Wayno52

Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post I am hoping for some advice on what to buy for my first fpv racer. I currently have bebop 2 fpv pack and it's great to fly also great photos and video. The time has come to get some speed as I am now finding it a bit boring. I have been looking at getting eachine wizard x220 or falcon 250 pro with vrd2 pro goggles. They suit my current budget of around $500, not much I know but it's a start. I have heard mixed messages about wizard but online reviews look good. I can pilot the bebop well( not hard I know) but I want more speed. Any feedback or other ideas would be fantastic. Btw looks like great informative forum. Cheers

Way,

Welcome! We've all been there. Lot's of info on this forum about prebuilt birds and builds, you just have to spend a few hours banging around the site to find and read them.

The Eachine Wizard gets pretty good play around here. TheGreenOrange has one and he seems to like it. He's a very helpful guy and has the most posts on this site. I'm sure he'll chime in when he reads your post.

Good luck in your quest, it's a blast if you have a lot of patience and you are comfortable doing repair work. You will crash these things no matter how good you get.

Jerry

Way,

Welcome! We've all been there. Lot's of info on this forum about prebuilt birds and builds, you just have to spend a few hours banging around the site to find and read them.

The Eachine Wizard gets pretty good play around here. TheGreenOrange has one and he seems to like it. He's a very helpful guy and has the most posts on this site. I'm sure he'll chime in when he reads your post.

Good luck in your quest, it's a blast if you have a lot of patience and you are comfortable doing repair work. You will crash these things no matter how good you get.

Jerry
Thanks J
Way,

Jerry
Thanks Jerry, I have been reading on a bit today great forum. Will keep researching but getting itchy for speed. Cheers

I would check out UAVfutures on youtube for goggle reviews. There are some good cheap Eachine ones, but I think the VRD2 wan't one of his favorites. Maybe vr-007 did better? If you can swing it the Goggles Two are very nice, I have a set myself.

I don't actually have a Wizard, I have a very similar quad I built on a Martian frame. Check his reviews on the original Wizard X220 which did well, the new Wizard X220s which didnt do as well as expected, and the new Diatone Tyrant S which did awesome.

You would do well with any of them except the new X220S apparently comes with a questionable frame that is carbon/fiberglass mix, not pure carbon.

Reactions: Jtrjr
I would check out UAVfutures on youtube for goggle reviews. There are some good cheap Eachine ones, but I think the VRD2 wan't one of his favorites. Maybe vr-007 did better? If you can swing it the Goggles Two are very nice, I have a set myself.

I don't actually have a Wizard, I have a very similar quad I built on a Martian frame. Check his reviews on the original Wizard X220 which did well, the new Wizard X220s which didnt do as well as expected, and the new Diatone Tyrant S which did awesome.

You would do well with any of them except the new X220S apparently comes with a questionable frame that is carbon/fiberglass mix, not pure carbon.
Thank you so much for your feedback TGO, I love the tyrant s but with goggles it's a bit pricey atm. I appreciate feedback on the goggles as well as I just expected they would be good. A lot to think about, maybe stretch the budget and go tyrant and goggles 2 . Thanks heaps for info TGO. I will keep thinking and hopefully post some good news. Cheers

Hi again all. Ok so with much thought and research I have decided on
Diatone tyrant s
Turnigy TGY-i6 AFHDS transmitter
Bonka 4s 1300 battery pack
Eachine ev800 goggles.
All up $600 installed and delivered from hobby shop in Perth where I am.
Not ordered yet as I got quote but was hoping for your thoughts. Cheers Wayne

Hello,
It is a pleasure to welcome you to the DroneRacingPilots forum.
I hope that you will be able to use the forum to further your safety knowledge and for the exchange of innovative ideas and as a resource for current developments racing quadcopter’s.
Enjoy!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prabhu1008