Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Connecting DJI v2 goggles, or the drones camera input, to a split screen smartphone in cheap VR headset?

dronemanjem

Reaction score
I have a DJI fpv drone and goggles. I also have an iPhone 12 Pro, with a 4k oled screen. I was wondering if there was any way for me to fly my drone with the DJI goggles, whilst a friend viewed the same feed using my smartphone in a cheapo VR split screen headset?

This would save having to buy a second DJI headset (and subsequently probably my relationship), and allow me to make use of the awesome specs on my iPhone 12 Pro. However, obviously the DJI FPV is a digital system. I’d need to convert it to analogue I presume.

I was thinking along the lines of one of the following:

- Connecting the DJI FPV goggles via USBC to HDMI, to a digital/analogue converter box, and then an output RCA to lightning connector to my iphone. This should be possible, but I’d still need a way to make it split screen so I could put it in a VR headset.
- Connecting the phone to my FPV drones camera separately to the DJI goggles (not even sure if that’s possible) and then putting the phone in a headset whilst using the Litchi app or similar.
- Connecting the DJI v2 goggles to a my phone, and then using a cellular streaming service to capture the footage. Then my friend can view the footage using my oculus Go headset connected to the internet by typing in the IP address.

It would be great if I could do this without having to buy another DJI FPV headset. Looking forward to reading your thoughts and responses.

Attachments

• 19C9CF95-61A7-40CB-81D8-44F3EC18BA90.png
    19C9CF95-61A7-40CB-81D8-44F3EC18BA90.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 7
I think this can be done already with the correct cables. View on iphone or android device.
The iphone spotter prob need to install the dji fly app and run the cam with that app.
I'm sure there are some youtube videos regarding this..
I could be wrong.

Edit: Bam, read your post one more time. I provided a cabled solution, you are asking for a headset solution. Now, thats really interesting!

Last edited:
Reactions: dronemanjem
I think this can be done already with the correct cables. View on iphone or android device.
The iphone spotter prob need to install the dji fly app and run the cam with that app.
I'm sure there are some youtube videos regarding this..
I could be wrong.

Edit: Bam, read your post one more time. I provided a cabled solution, you are asking for a headset solution. Now, thats really interesting!

Forgive my ignorance, but I've realised that it's quite easy to stream the goggle view to DJI fly, it does this normally anyway. So all I would need to do is find a way to 'split' the screen into two, so I can put it in a dual lens VR headset?

It's starting to sound too simple? There are loads of youtube videos explaining how to 'video out' the V2 goggles with a USBc - HDMI cable etc. Is there any way I can split the screen of DJI fly so the 'spotter' can watch a similar (but probably with slight lag) video feed from my goggles, but in a cheapo VR smartphone headset?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput