Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Did a bit or action cam testing today

spiderpig

Reaction score
I got a run cam 2 when first started flying quads, but the noise on it wasn't good at all. Went to use my GoPro 3 Hero plus...but always fly a bit safer with it since I don't want to lose it. So decided to look at sub-100 action cams. Tested the Eken. H9

Which action cams do you guys use? Anyone else afraid to lose a 300 dollar camera as much as I am?

I am afraid I'll lose or destroy it...lol. I'm using a Polaroid cube+, sub $100 so far so good. Its been crashed repeatedly and dislodged, even has a couple chunks missing in case from prop strikes...lol

I am afraid I'll lose or destroy it...lol. I'm using a Polaroid cube+, sub $100 so far so good. Its been crashed repeatedly and dislodged, even has a couple chunks missing in case from prop strikes...lol
I see it shoots at 1080...but what FPS? Been on three different sites and still can't get that detail. But looks nice.

Spider,

FPS is the number of frames per second. I usually use 1080@30fps. 60 is better if you want to do a lot of slo-mo's in your edits but 30 should be fine for the kind of stuff we're doing. Obviously, file sizes will be larger at 60fps.

I'm using a bunch of different cameras from GoPro 4's to GoPro Sessions to several sub $100 knockoffs. The knockoffs don't seem to handle the abuse as well to me so I've pretty much settled on the Session 4's.

Jerry

Reactions: spiderpig
Spider,

FPS is the number of frames per second. I usually use 1080@30fps. 60 is better if you want to do a lot of slo-mo's in your edits but 30 should be fine for the kind of stuff we're doing. Obviously, file sizes will be larger at 60fps.

I'm using a bunch of different cameras from GoPro 4's to GoPro Sessions to several sub $100 knockoffs. The knockoffs don't seem to handle the abuse as well to me so I've pretty much settled on the Session 4's.

Jerry

I find that for fact moving the 60 fps seems to look nicer. For my Mavic Pro I shook at 4k in 25 fps because it looks more cinematic. For FPV I want it to look bad ***. Here's the flying highlights from todays' flying:

Reactions: Jtrjr

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Irelandmine