Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!
Reaction score
Hi again friends! As I stated last week, I am new around here and also to the FPV world (though I'm an EASA certified pilot since last year and I am in several of this network of drone forums) I've been reading and watching videos like crazy the past few weeks but some questions still pop to my mind.

I bought an Eachine Cvatar 2.5 inch 6S cinewhoop and I am quite confused about what's the MTOW (or MTOM) as I cannot find it anywhere in the technical sheet. I am still in the process of getting batteries for it, as they are all outta stock until September and won't get home until mid month, but also I am still not quite sure about what battery I should get judging by its weight, as I simply do not know the MTOW. I am planning on flying this drone with my GoPro Hero 8 and its water case for protection (as I am a noob and probably will crash a few time, I am guessing) but calculating the total weight of around 575 g (using the heavist battery that I saw, which was 180 g) seems to me like a lot of weight and I am afraid that the motors won't be able to handle it.

Please forgive my ignorance. Thanks very much in advance!

PS: Somebody on my last post recommended me the series of videos "How to FPV" by Mr Steele and they were simply FANTASTIC, thank you once again if you read this!

You're welcome, Albert Kim uses the equivalent of a 550mah 6s. 400mah is more agile, 750mah is the biggest I would go with. Maximum takeoff weight/mass shouldn't affect your decision on batteries too much as you want to have a large margin between thrust and weight, 2-1 thrust to weight is minimum and some of the fastest 5 inches have a 12-1 ratio.

You're welcome, Albert Kim uses the equivalent of a 550mah 6s. 400mah is more agile, 750mah is the biggest I would go with. Maximum takeoff weight/mass shouldn't affect your decision on batteries too much as you want to have a large margin between thrust and weight, 2-1 thrust to weight is minimum and some of the fastest 5 inches have a 12-1 ratio.
I'm so sorry for such a late response. Thank you so much for your help man, I have been doing a lot of research based on your comments on my several posts and it's helped me A LOT.
Truly thankful!!!! 🙏😎

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas