Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Did I fry my ESC??

wwarner

Reaction score
Hello,
I've been messing around with a Diatone Roma F5 that I crashed and, in the process of attempting to resurrect it I have noticed that my ESC does not play its portion of the little song when I plug my battery in. The flight controller lights up and plays it's portion. It doesn't look as though either the VTX or the RX are powering up. I can connect to Betaflight with no errors. I'm pretty new to all this and so I wanted to ask a group with experience...

...does it sound as though I need a new ESC? Are there any other tests I may have missed that may show me the way to a healthy piece of hardware?

Any help greatly appreciated.

If you have continuity between any battery pad and any motor pad then your esc is fried. And the obvious check for any broken wires etc. If your VTX and RX is not powering on and you hear a quiet high pitched buzzing your BEC is broken and you will need a new (whatever is powering those) or a separate BEC.

Reactions: wwarner

Is Your ESC Broken | HOW TO FIND OUT - Joshua Bardwell​

This video might help
Thanks. I had watched it already but was still unsure. Simply replacing the ESC with a new one solved the problem. Sometimes the best way to be sure is to have a replacement on hand.

If you have continuity between any battery pad and any motor pad then your esc is fried. And the obvious check for any broken wires etc. If your VTX and RX is not powering on and you hear a quiet high pitched buzzing your BEC is broken and you will need a new (whatever is powering those) or a separate BEC.
Welp, you were correct.

Fried and fired. No broken wires or circuits on the board. Just didn't couldn't keep up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax