Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Altitude & NFZ Unlock

dawaske

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm about to dive into the FPV world with my new DJI FPV. While researching recommended best practices, settings, FW versions etc. I discovered that there appear to be hacks for the DJI FPV up to FW v01.02.0000, which unlock the altitude limit, FCC+ mode as well as NFZ restrictions. Unfortunately, Google wasn't very helpful in finding those hacks so I was wondering: could you guys maybe point me into the right direction please?

Thanks,
Daniel

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I'm about to dive into the FPV world with my new DJI FPV. While researching recommended best practices, settings, FW versions etc. I discovered that there appear to be hacks for the DJI FPV up to FW v01.02.0000, which unlock the altitude limit, FCC+ mode as well as NFZ restrictions. Unfortunately, Google wasn't very helpful in finding those hacks so I was wondering: could you guys maybe point me into the right direction please?

Thanks,
Daniel
You’re correct… and FW version correct as well.
The mod you‘re seeking is by DroneHacks, provides an unlocked certificate.

Thanks guys, I live right to McGuire AFB and can’t even fly in my back yard with NEW DJI FPV, With my Mavic 2 Pro I can unlock the airspace but still I’m limited to 100’ agl I’ll try the hack Dougcjohn mentioned

Thanks guys, I live right to McGuire AFB and can’t even fly in my back yard with NEW DJI FPV, With my Mavic 2 Pro I can unlock the airspace but still I’m limited to 100’ agl I’ll try the hack Dougcjohn mentioned
It'll work nicely as long as you haven't upgraded FW beyond the working version. Desired version 01.02.0000. Although you can downgrade 01.02.0020. If you have 01.02.0015 it's a No-Go.

Screenshot_20220116-140305_Gallery.jpg

Reactions: CactusJackSlade
01.02.0020 is not a no-go, you can still downgrade this version via 0015
Didn't say 1.02.0020 was a no-go... and 0015 was a No-go and that's changed and is now hackable... both will allow downgrade back to 01.02.0000... which is great news.

hi, I did both hacks on the drone ( dji fpv), but no way to do on the goggles... I haven't found any information about it.
In your opinion hacks can work only with drone hacked but with "normal" goggles?

hi, I did both hacks on the drone ( dji fpv), but no way to do on the goggles... I haven't found any information about it.
In your opinion hacks can work only with drone hacked but with "normal" goggles?
what firmware do you have on goggles?

The drone hacks take care of NFZ & Altitude… Google FW won‘t block that. There is a way now to get around Goggle FW… at least there was a while back.

Right off hand, I don’t recall the purpose of Goggle hack.

Check out related thread… focus on post #53 down.

The drone hacks take care of NFZ & Altitude… Google FW won‘t block that. There is a way now to get around Goggle FW… at least there was a while back.

Right off hand, I don’t recall the purpose of Goggle hack.

Check out related thread… focus on post #53 down.
thanks for the reply, for NFZ and Altitude I agree with you, I believe the FCC hack (I am in europe), must also concern the glasses as they transmit and receive the video (if I check the firmware of the drone now and of the remote are correct, but the goggles still has the .15)

thanks for the reply, for NFZ and Altitude I agree with you, I believe the FCC hack (I am in europe), must also concern the glasses as they transmit and receive the video (if I check the firmware of the drone now and of the remote are correct, but the goggles still has the .15)
I've checked but no way to roll back goggles... I only want to understand if I have to hack goggles as well after hacking drone to hava a fully working hacks...but also no way to contact DH to ask it!

Only aircraft needed.
Thanks, also DH confirm it...but it's a lilt bit strange, can you confirm that goggles only receive and don't transmit?

in attach answer from DH:
"
Hello,

For technical questions contact support.drone-hacks.com , you have reached the legal team.

As far as I can say the goggles not need to be downgraded, the whole system (goggles and rc) will follow the drone. The drone is the important thing to hack, when drone is in FCC the rest switches to FCC automatically too!

Best Regards"

They transmit of course, but the aircraft is the master and tells everthing else what standard to use.

They transmit of course, but the aircraft is the master and tells everthing else what standard to use.
Sounds good but I was not sure, as I thought that the glasses (which can also be used with other systems) were also "limited" and it was not enough that the connected drone was FCC instead of CE, but precisely that they too needed to be unlocked.
Thanks for your reply

Great add... aircraft setting FCC was how I understood it. I thought it was all Aircraft to hack around the limitations.

I'm USA.. what was all the Goggle FW discussions for this Winter/Spring addressing... I don't recall why that was a concern?
Is there something prevented with newer Goggle FW?

so one can have hacked drone, presumably on recommended firmware, and goggles on 0015 or 0020 and still working certificate hack? or are we just discussing FCC hack?

so one can have hacked drone, presumably on recommended firmware, and goggles on 0015 or 0020 and still working certificate hack? or are we just discussing FCC hack?
The Drone side provides the certificate hack for NFZ & Altitude.… and provides the FCC hack signaled back to goggles. Hack the Drone and you’ve got it.

Reactions: framua78
The Drone side provides the certificate hack for NFZ & Altitude.… and provides the FCC hack signaled back to goggles. Hack the Drone and you’ve got it.
and goggles with 0015 or 0020 will allow you to take off without drone firmware update? I would call it a clear oversight on DJI part, they released 0020 for the drone to kill certificate hack and once downgrade was possible bumped ARB on 0015 to prevent downgrade yet on goggles that are required to fly the drone they didn't block nothing on 0015 and 0020...??

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas