Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to upgrade DJI googles to V01.02.0000 and not to V01.02.0020?

did you tried to upgrade firmware using the dronehack tools to 0020, as this version is superior to 0015 maybe it would not ask you to upgrdae and you can activate and when it's done you can downgrade to 0000 (using dronehack tools to set same version as goggles and apply hack if you want ?

Did you try to actually use the goggles? Do they ask to activate at all?

Yes. Can't do anything until it activates. Tried numerous things but now the goggles say i need to update the firmware but nothing lets me get past that.

did you tried to upgrade firmware using the dronehack tools to 0020, as this version is superior to 0015 maybe it would not ask you to upgrdae and you can activate and when it's done you can downgrade to 0000 (using dronehack tools to set same version as goggles and apply hack if you want ?
It didn't go well. I'm now in the hands of the dev/hacking community. Once i've learnt how to fly if nothing has been done to roll back i'll just sell it and go with something more advanced. Wondering if i can still use the extra bandwith hacks? I'll try anyway.

It didn't go well. I'm now in the hands of the dev/hacking community. Once i've learnt how to fly if nothing has been done to roll back i'll just sell it and go with something more advanced. Wondering if i can still use the extra bandwith hacks? I'll try anyway.
The DJI FPV & Googles, despite the lack of DH zone unlock is a great package.
Able to Acro the craft is same hacked or not.
If you’re not restricted in zone, Hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: AirDawn
The DJI FPV & Googles, despite the lack of DH zone unlock is a great package.
Able to Acro the craft is same hacked or not.
If you’re not restricted in zone, Hope you enjoy it!
Going by the area i'll be flying in nothing is locked. So i'm lucky in that regard. Just learning so im more than happy. For now.

A direction that will be common... The ability to hack DJI FW is dwindling rapidly for all crafts. As each method is patched, fewer options are presented. Until the DH Certificate Hack, it was a dead end for all newer DJI crafts... including M2P w newer FW. Once DH released the Certificate Hack, DJI responded rapidly with a new FW version that did nothing other than patch & block DH Cert and it recaptured many that did the DH Hack because many accepted the update.

The method applied this time... with an eariler number version than current was a new trap too. That recaptured more DH Hacked crafts.

Older Owners of Hacks are content until a "new" desired feature is released. Then it's an ambiguity of emotion... do I take the new features, retain DH Hack, do I really Use DH, are the new features needed, etc.

Many would flush the Hack for new features... many hold firm.

The new M3 and future Crafts are/will be blocked out the gate.
Enjoy, still a great Craft!

For me it does have a message to activate can't launch.
A direction that will be common... The ability to hack DJI FW is dwindling rapidly for all crafts. As each method is patched, fewer options are presented. Until the DH Certificate Hack, it was a dead end for all newer DJI crafts... including M2P w newer FW. Once DH released the Certificate Hack, DJI responded rapidly with a new FW version that did nothing other than patch & block DH Cert and it recaptured many that did the DH Hack because many accepted the update.

The method applied this time... with an eariler number version than current was a new trap too. That recaptured more DH Hacked crafts.

Older Owners of Hacks are content until a "new" desired feature is released. Then it's an ambiguity of emotion... do I take the new features, retain DH Hack, do I really Use DH, are the new features needed, etc.

Many would flush the Hack for new features... many hold firm.

The new M3 and future Crafts are/will be blocked out the gate.
Enjoy, still a great Craft!
Thing is especially with CE the craft is fine but not great. Same goes fo NFZs it's fine for most but if your area is littered with them then it may become nearly useless. Rooting to get more out of it sure may bring benefits but probably not as essential as the first two.

Some will enjoy the craft as locked up as DJI wants it to be. But for some of us the hacks are make or break kind of a thing.

So let's hope as with a lot of complex software dev it won't be as simple as the nmore developed the more resistant to hacks it will be. It's not inevitable as complexity grows it can also introduce new vulnerabilities.

Or in a fairytale we can see DJI relinquish some of that control decreasing pressure to hack 😉

Reactions: motoxracer1551
For me it does have a message to activate can't launch.

Thing is especially with CE the craft is fine but not great. Same goes fo NFZs it's fine for most but if your area is littered with them then it may become nearly useless. Rooting to get more out of it sure may bring benefits but probably not as essential as the first two.

Some will enjoy the craft as locked up as DJI wants it to be. But for some of us the hacks are make or break kind of a thing.

So let's hope as with a lot of complex software dev it won't be as simple as the nmore developed the more resistant to hacks it will be. It's not inevitable as complexity grows it can also introduce new vulnerabilities.

Or in a fairytale we can see DJI relinquish some of that control decreasing pressure to hack 😉
I can clearly see your point, and yes some areas that a NFZ Locked Craft, would be useless.

On that matter, if hacking and/or rooting... when same group of Flyers indicate the DJI FPV in lesser light... why exploit the FW. Use a Non-DJI void of DJI controls.

If it's the Digital Goggles & Flight module... then ya, I can understand the desire to hack.

Updates always present opportunities of exploits, but over the years End User products have become less open to exploits in a manor that End Users can manage.

Reactions: AirDawn
On that matter, if hacking and/or rooting... when same group of Flyers indicate the DJI FPV in lesser light... why exploit the FW. Use a Non-DJI void of DJI controls.

Updates always present opportunities of exploits, but over the years End User products have become less open to exploits in a manor that End Users can manage.
Flight performance of DJI FPV drone is not up to par with custom or even other BNF drones buy it does have some features that can make it compelling at times. Getting most out of it would be nice.

As for updates you're right. That's the most likely outcome backed by history just nor necessarily inevitable.

What I don't like about that strict DJI control is that it's overbearing. I have to jump through hoops to fly in areas I'm legally allowed to fly in.

As for signal strength this is more clear cut situation as much as I don't like it. Then again I could have a commercial license to operate in that band and have no way to utilise it with those protections on but that would be an edge case on an edge case.

I have good news!
I am the owner of fresh bought and freshly activated and running FPV drone combo with 01.02.0000. With rooted googles. Thanks to Joonas of the GitHub - fpv-wtf/margerine: It's not butter, but it's root. fame and help of Bin4ry of drone-hacks.com. And both of them are awesome and have angelic patience.

The procedure is being worked on and it would help if Joonas had a fresh unactivated DJI FPV Combo to have a clean device to test all steps and create a nice step by step procedure.

So if you still have not upgraded firmware to 0015 on drone nor googles please hold off for a bit longer it's not a matter of months.

And if you have a clean not yet activated DJI FPV combo please contact Joonas#7913 on discord.

Reactions: prz3mk0
Great news !
Mine is already active and with the good old firmware version. But it's nice to see that there is hope for new devices.

Reactions: Przemo-c
Has there been any "New" News on the FW and new goggles?
Success stories?

Has there been any "New" News on the FW and new goggles?
Success stories?
Yes, I can confirm there is a way to activate brand new, out-of-the box DJI FPV Combo and avoid the update to 0015. That being said, I am not sure if I can post it here, so PM me for details if you're interested.

Edit: This also concerns Googles V2 sold separately.

DJI made a mess of the version numbers, so no even if the number is lower on 0015 that's the "newer" one and has a higher antirollback number.
This really pissed me off since I just upgraded all my devices to version 15, while it shows “downgrade” on DJI assistance 2. I’m in trouble with the anti-rollback issue. These version numbers are really misguiding.

This really pissed me off since I just upgraded all my devices to version 15, while it shows “downgrade” on DJI assistance 2. I’m in trouble with the anti-rollback issue. These version numbers are really misguiding.
You can downgrade the AC with DH app, which should be enough to bypass NFZ and altitude limit with DH license if this is what you're looking for.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Young_Kinslee23232