Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV flight logs - how to retrieve?

Florent

Reaction score
Hi there
New to FPV but not to DJI
Yet I cannot figure out how to retrieve the flight logs from the FPV back to my computer so I can analyse my flights, and the mistakes I make.
I get them to download from the FPV & googles to the phone, but they don't seem to be actually stored on the phone after a download (Iphone is a bit tricky to find files)

The only way is to use Airdata at this point.

why?

you can view your flight in the DJI Fly app... just click on it after downloading.

I do think airdata is useful, as has a bit more info - but you can see flight path and stick movements in fly app, so its still pretty handy

unfortunately what we dont have anywhere (including air data) is to see the full details from drone logs - e.g. things like motor speeds, gyro... that data is encrypted, and only available it seems to dji for warranty claims

Reactions: Florent
you can view your flight in the DJI Fly app... just click on it after downloading.
Yes, but I like to plot the flight onto Google Earth to overlap with personal maps and points of interests as well as use a bigger screen than my phone.
I wish we could download a .txt and use Phantomhelp.com to review the data.

How do you get info into Airdata normally the app will send to Airdata when you start UAV. I have had no transfers to my Airdata account while using FPV. WIh my Anafi I upload the .json file. Is there a file in DJI FLy that you need to upload.

How do you get info into Airdata normally the app will send to Airdata when you start UAV. I have had no transfers to my Airdata account while using FPV. WIh my Anafi I upload the .json file. Is there a file in DJI FLy that you need to upload.

there are two ways

a) Airdata sync mobile app
sorry can't remember what is called.. but look for the airdata app, and you'll find it
note: its a separate app

then
use dji fly to sync logs to phone
use airdata sync, to upload to airdata

honestly, I didnt like this approach much, seemed very slow.

b) link airdata to your dji account
go to your account settings in airdata, and you'll find an option to sync to dji servers with your dji login info - fill this in

then:
use dji fly to sync logs ( make sure you have option to sync to cloud turned on)
airdata will automatically sync once a day, or you can go to same settings page - and force a sync now.

Nothing above mentioned assistant, and there's nothing you can do with the files you get out of it.

b) link airdata to your dji account
go to your account settings in airdata, and you'll find an option to sync to dji servers with your dji login info - fill this in

then:
use dji fly to sync logs ( make sure you have option to sync to cloud turned on)
airdata will automatically sync once a day, or you can go to same settings page - and force a sync now.
How can this work since the Fly App is not used with the DJI FPV?

So the log files stored on FPV drone are not useable in Airdata? I tried to upload one and it exceeded the limit. I will try setting up sync via DJI servers, my Inspire2 and Mini 2 automatically send to Airdata.

not true... it can be used (optionally!)

the dji fly app can connect to the dji fpv, and as i mentioned transfer flight logs from goggles and drone. (inside profile)
also the fly app can be used to view the camera feed from the dji fpv.

what it cannot do (currently?!) is control the drone, and its does not show the OSD data from the goggles only the raw googles camera feed.

I just checked my Airdata account and the first two flights on 4/26 have been uploaded last ones from yesterday did not. Assuming operator error.

I agree with what you noted on DJI FLy I made a chest mounted phone so I can see without looking through the goggles old habits are hard to break . Going out to try again and see I can get video on drone recorded.

It is, it just doesn't show any kind of compatibility on the home screen until actually plugged to the goggles, and log transfer/FW update and live view mirror is all it can do with that aircraft.

Correct I just used mine with phone. Will be nice when they allow settings via phone and gogles

Airdata functions normally now. The last FPV flight does not upload automatically until I start another flight.
Whatever, it works.

So the log files stored on FPV drone are not useable in Airdata? I tried to upload one and it exceeded the limit. I will try setting up sync via DJI servers, my Inspire2 and Mini 2 automatically send to Airdata.
How you mount the drone log disk?

You get them through DJI assistant, but as mentioned there's nothing you can do with them.

Once you register your DJI FPV with your DJI account then login to Airdata and use the app it should upload. If not go to your airdata profile and login to your DJI account it should snycronize. I found it was 1 flight behind so the next time I started Airdata UAV app it uploaded last flight. This may have been updated since last year when I did this July. I have about 10 flights in my FPV area. Airdata also has good support. I presume you have a paid plan not sure if it will work on trial

Go to your Airdata Profile

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax