Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Goggles Extra Extra Thick Face Plate Foam

PTMC

Reaction score
So my new DJI FPV Combo arrived today. What are the options for extra extra thick foam. Think, what would I do to make these goggles fit a child; I have a very tiny head. Like, I where a size small Moto helmet. I have the Banggood foam on order but I’m worried it won‘t be thick enough on the sides; over 1/2“ gap on either side.

Thanks!

This is the best I found. I have it on my v1 and V2 goggles. Nice and thick and fits well in and around the nose. Comes in black or grey. It's available in many online stores.

If you have a tiny nose, this one may be better.

There are also shims if you need to make the goggles narrower for a smaller head.

Thanks, ordered one of each, hopefully there is a combination that will fit my pin head well. I think I’ve got the goggles shimmed with extra bike helmet pads to keep me entertianed on the sim for the next few days.

Reactions: droneguy

I ordered these the other day since the original padding leaves marks on my nose and cheeks, this pad is sold out everywhere except from DJI itself. It has the best reviews. Racedayquads has it listed as sold out.

That one has the most reviews because it’s been available the longest and is from DJI. It’s way more comfortable than the stock pad. The problem with that one is that it isn’t continuous and does not cover the nose area. You either have to cut a piece from your original foam or figure some other way to block the light leakage around the nose. It is a comfortable pad but light leakage is very distracting which is why I suggested the other ones. It also isn’t a clean looking install when you have cut foam on your $500 goggles. I’ve tried all of them over the last couple years and the Lycra came on the market later hence the fewer reviews but is a very comfortable pad the blocks all light.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
I have the first one offered, I believe it's the one second on droneguy's post, I ended up installing it with double sided tape on top of the original DJI padding and even used the shims some people printed for the sides. It made all the difference, no light leaks and super plush and confortable, night and day from oem only. I will get the "sponge" one, newest from DJI to use on my version 1 goggles, which we'll call the guinea pig. I will report if I remember on the "sponge" The nose is the only thing a bit tight, so I might trim that part, but I'm afraid it will permit light leks which I am free of right now

Attachments

• IMG_0729.JPG
    IMG_0729.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0732.JPG
    IMG_0732.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I received the foam and it does come with a nose piece which mostly blocks out the light, I bought these however more for the comfort and these seem will do the trick. They do however keep your face\eyes a little farther away from the screens than the OEM padding making it the corners just on the edge of getting cut off so you might find yourself adjusting these on your face a little longer before you take off. 20210315_213300.jpg

I have the first one offered, I believe it's the one second on droneguy's post, I ended up installing it with double sided tape on top of the original DJI padding and even used the shims some people printed for the sides. It made all the difference, no light leaks and super plush and confortable, night and day from oem only. I will get the "sponge" one, newest from DJI to use on my version 1 goggles, which we'll call the guinea pig. I will report if I remember on the "sponge" The nose is the only thing a bit tight, so I might trim that part, but I'm afraid it will permit light leks which I am free of right now
Did you try the new foam without the DJI factory foam? I find the new lycra foam pad on it's own is more than enough to make a comfortable seal on your face. This setup looks like it would put your face too far away from the screen. You could use the shims with the lycra pad by itself as well.

lycra goggle foam.jpg

Last edited:
I'm getting the sponge for my V1s to see if it's better for me, my setup doesn't pull me too far back actually I wear the band kinda tight which pushes my face in and gets rid of any possible light leaks, but that's why my nose is getting squished

Droneguy:
Another reason why the foam is good is that you can trim and cut it with a razor blade to conform even more to your face. But I think they are sold out on DJI's site now as well. I think the xtra nose piece is something they maybe added just because of the light leak which you were mentioning. Way over priced at 15 bucks imo.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam