Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI FPV Impressions

Didn't happen without a video :D
lol We do have the video and some Pictures. Were really looking forward to capturing some Storm Footage with the FPV , its going to be a game changer. We cannot wait. One thing you learn about the Rain is that in order to see it on video it really has to be pouring down to see it in the sky.

Ligntning-strike-5cac00912ce5c-1381x763.jpgScreen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-57-06-PM-5dd4e6ca0a2e7-1381x771.pngScreen-Shot-2019-09-13-at-10-54-35-PM-5dd4e6bb349bb-1381x778.png

The video is posted on the Website. We captured the Hail Video first followed by the Storm , so we posted two videos.
We had a lot of Tornados that month but this one was in my backyard.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in and out of the Storm .

Last edited:
Awesome!!

Cool!

I would expect it's best not to spend too much time in the sim since the feel is quite different, but once you've got the general hang of it move to the aircraft with some good height margin, and having well trained where that pause button is :)

There's nothing like the real thing, and the pause button is going to be an awesome thing to have and be able to hit anytime you're not feeling comfortable.
I spent a battery yesterday practicing hitting the OhS**t button over and over under many different flight circumstances to get a feel for it; Especially going full-speed in Sport mode. Flew it 40-70 yards away, and about 30 feet to the side of me, floored it, then tried to get it to stop right next to me (0 ft out, still 30 feet away from ME but to the side).

I'm getting a feel for the panic brake. It's incredible. Thing goes practically pitch straight up, and pushes to full power on the motors -- more than full throttle -- and stops in a really short distance. Incredible feature.

One of the reasons I'm hopeful I won't be a casualty as I learn to fly this monster. I'm learning to press that panic brake FIRST, without even having to think about it.

Last edited:
Has anyone tried the turtle mode?
Aside: Why does every refer to it as a "mode"? Isn't it a feature?

Not nitpicking... To me a "mode" is something persistent -- i.e. changing modes changes aircraft behavior in some permanent way until the mode is changed again. Like Normal vs. Sport vs. Manual, on the FPV.

The turtle feature, if I understand it, simply flips an inverted drone on the ground right-side up. Similar to taking a picture when pushing the shutter button on the remote.

Is there more to this that I've missed?

Has anyone tried the turtle mode?
Yes, you have to be in Manual mode and program one of the buttons , Than the drone will determine which way to flip over based on its position. It can scratch the heck out of your drone on concrete as it tends to slide some before popping up and not recommended you do it on the dinning room acrylic table. lol

We solved the sliding issue with the Impact Wet Suits. .

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your FPV in the Rain and Land on Water.

Reactions: A.O.
Aside: Why does every refer to it as a "mode"? Isn't it a feature?

Not nitpicking... To me a "mode" is something persistent -- i.e. changing modes changes aircraft behavior in some permanent way until the mode is changed again. Like Normal vs. Sport vs. Manual, on the FPV.

The turtle feature, if I understand it, simply flips an inverted drone on the ground right-side up. Similar to taking a picture when pushing the shutter button on the remote.

Is there more to this that I've missed?
Think about how turtle mode works (it's been around on FPV quads a long time). If the motors ran the same as in a standard flight mode, the quad would be pulled down into the ground, as that is "up" to the now upside down quad. But turtle mode changes the motor direction, and only spins two of the four motors, in order to flip the quad over. On a typical FPV quad, you have to disarm the motors, flip a switch to enable turtle mode, then re-arm the motors, and finally move the right stick to flip over. You then have to disarm the motors again, disable turtle mode, and re-arm in order to take off again. So this is, in fact, changing the aircraft behavior. Not sure if the procedure is exactly the same on the DJI, but I'd bet it's similar.

Reactions: Deleted member 3641
Think about how turtle mode works (it's been around on FPV quads a long time). If the motors ran the same as in a standard flight mode, the quad would be pulled down into the ground, as that is "up" to the now upside down quad. But turtle mode changes the motor direction, and only spins two of the four motors, in order to flip the quad over. On a typical FPV quad, you have to disarm the motors, flip a switch to enable turtle mode, then re-arm the motors, and finally move the right stick to flip over. You then have to disarm the motors again, disable turtle mode, and re-arm in order to take off again. So this is, in fact, changing the aircraft behavior. Not sure if the procedure is exactly the same on the DJI, but I'd bet it's similar.
Other than it’s automatic on the DJI it determines which props need to spin and which don’t

Last edited:
Okay, I get it now, and it makes sense.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
darshan rajput