Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Goggles 2 vs DJI Goggles V2

CodeWriter

Reaction score
I’ve just received my Avata today and went for the pro view combo which comes with the DJI Goggles 2. I’m a big fan of the drone however the goggles are pretty uncomfortable and can’t really see the edges of the screen (therefore miss the telemetry) no matter how I adjust them. I have to option of returning and getting the DJI Goggles V2. So my question is…

Are the DJI Goggles 2 so much better than the V2 that they are worth putting up with the pain for? Or are the V2 goggles good enough that it’s worth the swap? Also has anyone had any issues with the DJI Goggles V2 being uncomfortable?

To me the Goggles V2 are better in pretty much every way, except size - but unfortunately size makes it so that I still put up with the Goggles 2 most of the time.
I did need the DJI aftermarket foam for the V2.

To me the Goggles V2 are better in pretty much every way, except size - but unfortunately size makes it so that I still put up with the Goggles 2 most of the time.

Thanks for the review. I have an Oculus Quest that seems comparable in size to the V2, I find that pretty comfortable and don’t have any issues with the weight. Do you know if the Quest to the V2 is a good comparison?

I also have an aftermarket interface for my Quest2...
My main issue with the V2's stock foam was that it wouldn't seal on the sides and let a lot of light in

Last edited:
When you say stock foam I’m guessing that means you can buy a foam that doesn’t do this? I don’t mind so much buying new padding to deal with the issue, but with the goggles 2 it seems that the plastic nose section itself is very poorly shaped and there aren’t any aftermarket options available. Don’t really want to sit it out and wait either

When you say stock foam I’m guessing that means you can buy a foam that doesn’t do this?
The Goggles V2 come with this:

It's pretty stiff and doesn't really shape to your face, like what's on the Goggles 2.

DJI also sells this:

Which is softer and will shape better, that's what works for me.

There's indeed no alternative for the Goggles 2 so far.

I copied my reply from another related post.
The DJI website has had advertised the foam padding ever since the Avata was released, however even though I ordered them back when I ordered the aircraft, they are still not available. Last communication I had with DJI they will ship in 3 weeks. It’s now Oct 22 this happened last week. However in the meantime I jury rigged the original padding from the fpv goggles and it actually works perfectly, just needs a little trimming in the nose area but actuallconforms nicely to the smaller size. I originally had it over the standard goggles 2 padding but it placed my eyes a bit too far from the lenses and also messed with the sensor so sometimes the goggles would not turn on right away and I had to fiddle a little, once I removed the installed padding and replaced with the fpv goggles padding it worked perfectly, confort and vision perfect.

I don't have the Avata yet, but the Goggles V2 that came with the FPV have never been a problem for me. They fit fine, and I don't even notice the weight. Maybe that comes from wearing a motorcycle helmet for 20 years...

;-)

They seal fine too. The only light leakage I've ever noticed is some mild external light on the bottom, which I never look at and never notice, in flight.

I copied my reply from another related post.
The DJI website has had advertised the foam padding ever since the Avata was released, however even though I ordered them back when I ordered the aircraft, they are still not available. Last communication I had with DJI they will ship in 3 weeks. It’s now Oct 22 this happened last week. However in the meantime I jury rigged the original padding from the fpv goggles and it actually works perfectly, just needs a little trimming in the nose area but actuallconforms nicely to the smaller size. I originally had it over the standard goggles 2 padding but it placed my eyes a bit too far from the lenses and also messed with the sensor so sometimes the goggles would not turn on right away and I had to fiddle a little, once I removed the installed padding and replaced with the fpv goggles padding it worked perfectly, confort and vision perfect.
can you post a pic of your goggles with your added padding please

can you post a pic of your goggles with your added padding please
I just wanted to post that I received the "foam" padding from DJI. Sorry to say they are a direct replacement OEM and not at all like the ones offered for the fpv Goggles and FPV Goggles V2. I am very disappointed and they are of course going back. They are also pricey like 40 bucks if I remember correctly. Yeah, I'm an idiot.
Now I'm thinking (look out) maybe that alternate foam padding can be adapted for the Goggles 2, I don't remember but I think those are a lot cheaper than the ripoff ones I got and may be more confortable than my "adaptation.

Last edited:
here are the pics, note that I am thinking of attaching the padding to the frame from the original ones, the way the padding goes into the nose piece is not terrible but looks weird and is just a little weird. Not a whole hell of a lot but it might be better than just cutting this one

Attachments

• IMG_4472.jpeg
    IMG_4472.jpeg
    256 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4473.jpeg
    IMG_4473.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4474.jpeg
    IMG_4474.jpeg
    233.5 KB · Views: 9
Reactions: gcopter1
I got my Avata with hand controller and Goggles 2. I also couldn't see the corners for telemetry and the goggles 2 just didn't fit my face.

My face is a little narrow and I have an Italian nose. And the Goggles 2 seem to have been made for a wider, flatter face.
Nothing worked. Sent the whole thing back

Then I ordered the Avata with motion controller and goggles V2. That worked a whole lot better. Activation, upgrade, and binding was even easier than with the goggles 2.

This time I hope to actually get the Avata flying, and in the air tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax