Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Goggles 2

Ordered one too
Received, it's definitely a lot better than the original, rests more uniformly and pretty much no light leak. Not much improvement on the nose side of things but I don't think any foam can solve that, the indent in the goggles themselves is just too small. Only way to not have the nose push is making the goggles sit farther out but then you can't see the whole screen so it's not an option.

Received, it's definitely a lot better than the original, rests more uniformly and pretty much no light leak. Not much improvement on the nose side of things but I don't think any foam can solve that, the indent in the goggles themselves is just too small. Only way to not have the nose push is making the goggles sit farther out but then you can't see the whole screen so it's not an option.
could we see some pics

Does this item install over the original or does it have another way of attaching to the goggles?

All described and shown just above, remove original, stick on velcro pads, put on.

Two of the velcro pads are in different places than the product video shows. The one top center and the one far left are the two I see in different spots. I think those are meant to be on top of the certification markers just inside on the right and left there behind the vents. The other 4 are the same. I watched the video on YouTube maybe or on the Aliexpress site itself. I was going to try a set but could not work out a login for the site and payment. I wanted to use Apple hide my email but I was going in circles and figured I would wait for reviews. Seems the main issue is still there with the nose. I bought extra foam to have an original and cut away more of the nose on mine. Still a tight fit but much better and still difficult to see the whole screen. I can see the middle but lose the telemetry or I can make the middle odd and see the data. I hope there is a 2.1 in the future.

So I ended up removing the double sided tape on my mod and using super glue to attach the fpv goggles face plate to the goggles 2 "carrier" and I have a perfect solution, if you see by the photos I posted the nose is a bit screwy but by putting it on the carrier and keeping it's nose piece it solved the issue perfectly, I did however miscalculate the trim and ended up having to do a repair that is not quite up to snuff but I don't care the jack works. I howeverordered tjhe ali express ones to see if they are better but Isomehow think they will allow light to still leak on the sides at least on my head.

Ok received the AliExpress mod and found it to be marginally better, still a bit to wide on the sides for my head, so I had received the "other" option from AliExpress which on it's own is pretty useless as it is almost just a liner or protectant for the original rubber (this is like a rubber too)also on the useless side, but then I had the brilliant idea (if I do say so myself) Of putting this "liner" on the other one from Ali and hey, not bad, the seal all around is awesome even though it is still a bit stiff for my taste, so have to wait and see how my face fares after a half hour of flying. I have a feeling this one will become an option in case my mod fails (right now it has some light leakage where I messed up and cut the foam short) Mine is still way more cushiony confortable and keeps my eyes just at the right distance where I can tune the focus and be good. The overall fit of this new setup is great, just a little tough and without the "liner" I don't love the feel of the material

Attachments

• IMG_4635.jpeg
    IMG_4635.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4638.jpeg
    IMG_4638.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_4639.jpeg
    IMG_4639.jpeg
    827.3 KB · Views: 12

Members online

No members online now.