Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Goggles V2 AV input

royp

Reaction score
Two of my friends are using their V2 goggles for both digital fpv and analog fpv flying. They are using DJI and Caddx airborne digital systems for video. They also have an analog FPV adapter on their V2's that are plugged in to the AV input port of their V2's. They don't get digital video quality of course, but it is way superior to any analog goggles we've used. Their V2 menu allows them to choose AV input from the analog receiver/adapter.

I have a full DJI FPV Drone system, which works well and I love it. However I also have "legacy" analog FPV drones and would like to fly them with the DJI V2 goggles like they are. I have an RC832 video receiver that has AV out, which I plug in to a couple of monitors. I have plugged the AV from the RC832 analog receiver into the AV input of the V2 goggles. I am at goggles firmware level 01.02. I don't find anywhere in the menu system a way to choose AV input. No video signal appears automatically in my goggles. How can I get this working on firmware level 01.02?

Thanks!

More detail...
Believe it or not, there are actually two "current" firmwares for the DJI V2 goggles. They are un-named/unidentified except for version level. One version is for using them with with air units. That firmware allows choosing av input. This is the one my two friends are using. The other firmware version is for people using the DJI FPV Drone (official name). This is the one I'm using. The firmware level is 01.nn. 01.02 is the latest. It does not have an option to choose av input, unless someone here can tell me what I'm overlooking or doing wrong.

You need to be in the DJI DIgital FPV system mode and not in the DJI FPV drone mode to use the analog input. Go to setting and chose the DJI FPV digital system mode then reboot.

Last edited:
That worked. Thanks! Somewhere along the line I missed the part about being able to switch between FPV Drone and FPV Digital! Now my audience mode will probably work with the other guys also?

Audience mode for the air unit works in the air unit mode when operating at 25mbps. If the pilot is in 50mbps it will not work.

Reactions: Haggi
I have the DJI FPV Racer Combo and all updated to the latest software and very happy with the performance and no trouble connecting all the components and getting in the air. I also have a V1 set of goggles and wondering if I can use them in audience mode when flying the DJI fpv racer. Does the 25mbps setting work?

V1 goggles don't have the drone mode, so no. different transmission.

You need to be in the DJI DIgital FPV system mode and not in the DJI FPV drone mode to use the analog input. Go to setting and chose the DJI FPV digital system mode then reboot.
I don't see that option in the settings for my V2 goggles (the ones that came with the DJI FPV system)

I do not see this option in the settings for my V2 goggles (the goggles that came with the FPV Drone)

I did this and I was able to change the system mode. However, in the goggles it shows as no signal when connected to display the AV In. Any solution?

I could find out how to change my goggles to av in for ages so here’s the location

Settings
About
Switch aircraft model
DJI Digital FPV system
Goggles require restarting manually after switching modes.
Continue?
Confirm
Switch off
Turn back on
Goggles now boot into DJI Digital FPV system.

You can now access av in from here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DJAluzion