Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI Self-Unlocking won't work on Avata FPV drone

jimlips

Reaction score
I've had my DJI Avata FPV drone motion combo for a couple of weeks. I love this thing! It is so much fun for an FPV newbie like me.

The problem I'm having is that what I enter the Flight Controller Serial number on the DJI FLYSAFE Unlock Request website, it does not recognize mine as a valid serial number. I've checked it three times, and I'm positive that it is correct.

I live within 5 miles of a local airport, and often use the DJI Unlock request page to unlock several of my drones so I can fly under 200' in this area.

Has anyone had success registering their Avata on DJI's Unlock page with your controller's serial number?

Thanks in advance!

I've checked it three times, and I'm positive that it is correct.
You probably copied it right, but did you copy the right SN? It's not the one of the remote controller, but of the flight controller. Common mistake.

Yes, I used the Flight controller S/N.

Update: I tried entering the S/N again the following day, and then it worked.
I submitted an unlock request on the DJI website (https://account.dji.com/login?appId=flysafe-websdite-be&locale=en_US), and it was approved.

However, I can't figure out how to "import" the approval into the Avata. I can't find any menu item (either via the goggles or my attached phone) to import the approval. Any ideas?

It should likely be fetched automatically if everything is powered up, and a phone logged in with the same account is connected to the goggles.

Reactions: rktman

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax