Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DJI V2 goggles and RID.

djwak59

Reaction score
Hi everyone. BEFORE the supposed RID deadline a few days ago, I could fly my DJI FPV no problem. I have recently updated the firmware because I heard DJI had put RID capability into the drone. Well, yesterday I went to fly and I couldn’t take off WITHOUT first hooking my iPhone with DJI Fly to my goggles ! I heard this was something the Avata owners were dealing with but I guess DJI fixed that. I REALLY don’t want another cord coming off my goggles. Anyone else experiencing this ? Is DJI gonna fix this ?
Thanks.

I have recently updated the firmware because I heard DJI had put RID capability into the drone.
Yep and that capability requires connecting the phone to the goggles so they get the pilot position. Note you can just plug and then unplug again for flying.

DJI released the Goggles Integra with a built-in GPS so as not to require this, but it'll remain a requirement for models that don't have it. You might still be able to downgrade the firmware.

Yep and that capability requires connecting the phone to the goggles so they get the pilot position. Note you can just plug and then unplug again for flying.

DJI released the Goggles Integra with a built-in GPS so as not to require this, but it'll remain a requirement for models that don't have it. You might still be able to downgrade the firmware.
Thanks for the reply. It was weird to me because JUST the day before, I flew no problem. I had heard that at first, Avata owners were real disappointed with the phone hook up. I guess DJI fixed that though. It’s bad enough that I got that long battery cord coming off the one side of the goggles but now I gotta have a cord off the OTHER side too ! Hopefully DJI can address this. Thanks for the tip on the downgrade, but in a sense, that takes RID off the table. And we can’t have that can we ??? Hmmm 🤔

I guess DJI fixed that though
Nope, but people aren't talking much about it since... well it's not like they have a choice anyway. Some sold their goggles and bought the Integra.

It’s bad enough that I got that long battery cord coming off the one side of the goggles but now I gotta have a cord off the OTHER side too !
Again you don't need to keep it connected while flying, just a short time while you prepare before takeoff then you can remove it.

Nope, but people aren't talking much about it since... well it's not like they have a choice anyway. Some sold their goggles and bought the Integra.

Again you don't need to keep it connected while flying, just a short time while you prepare before takeoff then you can remove it.

I’ll check it out. Thanks for that info !

Ok. I tried disconnecting, and after I do, I still get the prompt in my goggles that RID is not functioning ( or something like that ). Do I need to launch first, or start the props, and THEN disconnect ??

t I got that long battery cord coming off the one side of the goggles
That’s easy to fix. Buy a short one off Amazon, AliExpress, etc. also get a headband with battery holder. It works great and you don’t notice it at all.

Quick search for this one, but there are tons of styles.

Power Cable XT60 Male Plug for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Lipo Battery, Type C Power Cable for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Original Battery, Head Strap for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Accessories(NOT for Avata Goggles 2) Amazon.com

That’s easy to fix. Buy a short one off Amazon, AliExpress, etc. also get a headband with battery holder. It works great and you don’t notice it at all.

Quick search for this one, but there are tons of styles.

Power Cable XT60 Male Plug for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Lipo Battery, Type C Power Cable for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Original Battery, Head Strap for DJI FPV Goggles V2 Accessories(NOT for Avata Goggles 2) Amazon.com

Thanks for the heads up but I already purchased one off Amazon. I can’t believe DJI doesn’t have this accessory.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18