Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Do you need Goggles to fly race drone???

broncosdad1317

Reaction score
Hello im just starting and in the process of choosing my drone kit to build from scratch and i am poor lol and cant afford that and the goggles i want at the same time. Will i be able to fly my fast drone with no goggles and how does one make the camera record and save if i dont have goggles

Hey bronco,
Welcome....i am a nooby as well and i can tell yo for sure that you will need goggles...the primary reason is that at 50 ft away you can no longer tell what the bird is doing because of its size. Is it facing front or am i looking at the back? Goggles make flying much easier

GOOD LUCK
Guys on here are AWSOME i purchased what they recommended and it has been a very good experience.

Peace and progress
Keith

Thanks guys so much you have no idea how such a small amount of info is so great for me right now been wonderin this answer for a while now. Thanks guys

I started exactly where you are and now i am soaring above most birds and swimming the ground at 50mph or so...

Peace and progress
Keith

Reactions: broncosdad1317
Thank you friend Very much appreciated :) any tips you can give a new pilot? Any would be greatly reflected upon :)

the best advice in quad racing for beginners is this:
buy a transmitter first and download a rc flight simulator. get lots of practice on it as its fun and will save you from alot of costs and repairs. once you get a transmitter and goggles, every thing else is a little more affordable. i recommend building your first quad so that you know how to repair after crashes, and you WILL crash
you can learn to build on youtube.

okay for sure i have been flying drones for about 6 months now just am starting to get into racing and building diving in about 2 months well at least starting my equipment buying. so goggles first hmmmm okay sounds legit not the way i wanted to go about it but advice from someone whos been there is always good

Thanks Jerry Umm i started with a nano drone and i moved up to a hand sized one and now ive upgraded to a mjx x101. I love that thing fast works well range is good and idk overall a great drone to help learning with larger drones and learning how to stabilize for video and pictures. I stunt fly with it even though its not meant for it i need stunts and cant afford racing drone for a bit yet. trying to get educated on everything electrical and technical befroe i build and fly a racer!!!!

One other thing I might recommend... You can build a really nice 3" brushless micro drone for about $150. The batteries for these are super cheap as well. The build difficulty is a bit high for a first build, but if you have experience building RC cars or something it is doable.

There are also some brushless micro RTF available like the Eachine Aurora 90 which isn't bad for the price.

I built a 5" quad first but was basically terrified to fly it near anything or anyone. So I got a 100mm brushed micro and practiced FPV inside for a couple months. Then I built my brushless 3" and learned how to do power loops and all without worrying too much about killing someone with a bad maneuver.

A crash has taken out the FC on my 3" this weekend, so now I will be flying my 5" for a while. I have a GoPro mount installed that is finally ready for some action.

Anyways, I don't know if any of this helps, but it is meant to illustrate that if you do stick with this hobby, it will be somewhat of a journey. Everyone on here has a different but parallel story to this one.

One other thing I might recommend... You can build a really nice 3" brushless micro drone for about $150. The batteries for these are super cheap as well. The build difficulty is a bit high for a first build, but if you have experience building RC cars or something it is doable.

There are also some brushless micro RTF available like the Eachine Aurora 90 which isn't bad for the price.

I built a 5" quad first but was basically terrified to fly it near anything or anyone. So I got a 100mm brushed micro and practiced FPV inside for a couple months. Then I built my brushless 3" and learned how to do power loops and all without worrying too much about killing someone with a bad maneuver.

A crash has taken out the FC on my 3" this weekend, so now I will be flying my 5" for a while. I have a GoPro mount installed that is finally ready for some action.

Anyways, I don't know if any of this helps, but it is meant to illustrate that if you do stick with this hobby, it will be somewhat of a journey. Everyone on here has a different but parallel story to this one.
thanks man much appreciated i am a bit of a perfectionist so i want a good challenge for my first build and as for adequit flying space for learning i have plenty but i will make sure to be extra careful whe flying it otherwise i wouldnt have known how dangerous it actually was lol :) i think im going with a 210 or a 250 frame for my first build but maybe new info can change this

If you have the space, a 5" is great. I fly mainly on a golf course with houses on both sides which it turns out is not enough space to learn comfortably. You need like 4 soccer fields minimum.

Bronco,

Look up "Project Blue Falcon" and "Joshua Bardwell" On YouTube. Those two channels will give you an enormous amount of info.

Jerry

JC (project blue falcon) is a great source and josh has a ton of tech savy info!
Another good one is RcAddict,Drone Camps RC and NJ tech are also very good and show alot of builds.
Good luck and weclcome to the group.

Mark

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax