Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DSMX Binding problems..

ScottyFpv

Reaction score
I can't for the life of me get my DSMX to go into binding mode. It has power, the signal wire is hooked up to the SBUS port. Ports tab has UART1 checked for serial RX. Configuration is correct, 2048 for spektrum. Type in cli command "
set spektrum_sat_bind=9" save. Board reboots. Unplug usb, plug battery in, and nothing happens.. No blinking orange LED. I'm about done with this. Spent nearly 5 hours trying to get it to bind. I've done this so many times, i'm about to buy different protocol radio/receiver or something. This shouldn't be this hard. If anyone has any help, I'd appreciate it.

FC Diatone Mamba F405 Mk2 F50 (updated firmware)
BetaFpv Micro DSMX receiver

I got it to work. This is for anyone else having this issue. Hopefully its a help.

First Solder the signal wire for your DSMX receiver to RX6

Next Change UART 6 in Ports tab to check serial RX
Next Change Serial Spektrum receiver in Receiver mode in Configurations tab
Then Change Receiver provider to Spektrum 2048

Go to the CLI tab
Copy these lines and paste them into CLI, then hit enter

set spektrum_sat_bind=9
set spektrum_sat_bind_autoreset = ON
save

Board reboots, unplug USB.
Wait a second, then plug in a battery. Hopefully the receiver is blinding in bind mode. Bind the receiver. Open up Betaflight 1 more time and go to CLI. Make sure this is set to spektrum_sat_bind_autoreset = OFF. To do this, type in get spektrum. That should be it. See attached images for reference.

Attachments

• 20201010_095653.jpg
    5.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 2020-10-10.png
    2020-10-10.png
    187.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 2020-10-10 (1).png
    2020-10-10 (1).png
    220.2 KB · Views: 4
  • 2020-10-10 (2).png
    2020-10-10 (2).png
    180.8 KB · Views: 3
I got it to work. This is for anyone else having this issue. Hopefully its a help.

First Solder the signal wire for your DSMX receiver to RX6

Next Change UART 6 in Ports tab to check serial RX
Next Change Serial Spektrum receiver in Receiver mode in Configurations tab
Then Change Receiver provider to Spektrum 2048

Go to the CLI tab
Copy these lines and paste them into CLI, then hit enter

set spektrum_sat_bind=9
set spektrum_sat_bind_autoreset = ON
save

Board reboots, unplug USB.
Wait a second, then plug in a battery. Hopefully the receiver is blinding in bind mode. Bind the receiver. Open up Betaflight 1 more time and go to CLI. Make sure this is set to spektrum_sat_bind_autoreset = OFF. To do this, type in get spektrum. That should be it. See attached images for reference.
Well given that I have never used spektrum, that is a mission and a half to get a quad to bind. Would have hurled the lot over the balcony and bought an emax bind n fly package....

Reactions: ScottyFpv

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanykcz