Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

DX6i or DX7?

Lamar W

Reaction score
I need a full size Spektrum transmitter. I don't need a lot of features, it's for a mini quad flown indoors, leaning towards one of these: Spektrum DX6i and the Spektrum DX7.
All advice will be appreciated,
Lamar

I have the DX6, and it is pretty awesome, with a 3 position flight mode switch. My son has a DX6i, and really wishes he had the DX6, so perhaps you might want the DX7, but for your needs, the 6i should be more than enough.
I'm not sure what the difference is with the DX7. But you're not going to need more than 6 channels.

Last edited:
I have a Spektrum DX6i and also an awesome Spektrum DX8 which I love. One thing that makes the DX8 stand out, is that blue LED which also lights up while charging.. ;-) it just feels better too, the body has a nice metallic finish not that basic plastic.
With the new Spektrum DX9 you get loud spoken audio error warnings and programmable voice commands. It's much like the Phantom Go App. With that similar to Siri voice.

RedHotPoker

If you can, spend the few extra $ and get the DX6
Thank you Chris and RHP.
I'm going with used DX6. I had originally narrowed my choice of DX6i or DX7 based on how many were available on ebay. The DX6i seemed to have better programing options but is probably too complicated for me.
Then a lot of nice used DX6's under $50 started popping up!

The DX6 is agreeably easier to program than the DX6i. From my personal experience.
and a Used DX6 for $50 does sound pretty awesome deal, Great choice.

I have a Spektrum DX6i and also an awesome Spektrum DX8 which I love. One thing that makes the DX8 stand out, is that blue LED which also lights up while charging.. ;-) it just feels better too, the body has a nice metallic finish not that basic plastic.
With the new Spektrum DX9 you get loud spoken audio error warnings and programmable voice commands. It's much like the Phantom Go App. With that similar to Siri voice.

RedHotPoker

Is the DX9 an overkill for a beginner? I really like the voice warnings. I am just about to get my first FPv Quad.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is the DX9 an overkill for a beginner? I really like the voice warnings. I am just about to get my first FPv Quad.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If- you think that RC is going to be a permanent venture, then no radio is over-kill.

Doberman - Just some possibilities of what is actually out there.

When I was consumed with just strictly Heli's, I wanted one of these. VVV Not really sure if they are Quad Friendly?
VStabi | Pioneer of Flybarless

Now that I'm venturing into Quads, I would like one of these. VVV
Jeti USA 1.508.JetiUSA (1.508.538.4872)

Non of them are in my budget though. Nothing wrong with Taranis.

I have heard that, but don't use Taranis or Spektrum, I have a Radiolink AT9S which I like very much. It is also worth a look, and I found it easy to program.

Many are saying Spectrums are way more user friendly and easier to program. Do you guys agree?

I use Spektrum because:
They are user friendly.
They have excellent Tec Support.
Good quality radio at a decent price.
Easy Programming for "most" types of aircraft. IE: Planes, Sail Planes, Heli's & Quads.
And, most FC's have direct Spektrum Receiver support.

The only negative that I have found (so far) is that you need an external device to get RSSI from Spektrum Rx's. And, it isn't a true RSSI. But - It works. And the device is very small and cheep.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax