Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Ev peak charger won’t adjust 50mAh increments?

Fpv4life

Reaction score
How do I charge a lipo battery to full capacity if my charger can only adjust in 100 mAh increments but the battery is is a 650mAh, 750mAh, etc.? Thanks for the help!

Are you confusing mA and mAh or does your charger really have a setting for capacity?
Those that do typically use it as a safety, if more than 10% more than the set capacity is charged it stops for safety because something might be wrong, so in this case you'd select the next higher increment to avoid false stops.

Reactions: Fpv4life
Thank you for your reply. Let me provide a little more clairity.

My charger is the ev peak cq3

Ex. 4s 750mAh

1. I select balance charge
2.I select 4s
3. I select mAh, but only gives me 100mAh options. For this reason I select 700mAh as my next option is 800mAh and I’m worried that going over 750mAh would not be wise
4. I select the amp

Then I start the charge

Am I doing this right?

Yeah, since you have a separate setting for current it will be capacity, so it'll only be used for an emergency stop and doesn't really matter. By setting 700 if your battery was overdischarged it might stop before it's full on the next charge, but that's not a big deal and you shouldn't be in that situation anyway.

How do I charge a lipo battery to full capacity if my charger can only adjust in 100 mAh increments but the battery is is a 650mAh, 750mAh, etc.? Thanks for the help!
You can't. Chargers are cheap (even a good one can cost less than a single LiPo battery). A charger is something I wouldn't scrimp on. I know it's not what you want to hear, but "get a better charger" is my strong recommendation.

UPDATE: In doing some research, I can see that this isn't exactly an el-cheapo charger. And like most Chinese products, the online instruction manual leaves much to be desired. I notice that it boasts a computer interface.

1657996279374.png

You may find that the PC interface offers more granulated adjustment. I would try that.

D

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FAllfrey