Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fatshark dominator v3 signal/power loss....

I haven't used the fatsharks, cant help ya in that regard, sorry i know it sux, i actually ordered a second set of goggles just in case mine crapped out but they didn't work so i sent them back and didn't order another one yet.
Well I just made progress! I think lol. I noticed that it wasn't beeping when switching from patch to omni. So I unplugged the patch antenna and I haven't lost signal yet! I'm going to go fly my whoop for several batteries without the patch and see how it goes. As soon as I plug the patch in and walk into another room I get the dreaded dark grey screen. So I think I'm getting close I'm gonna check diversity cables again to see if I can spot a problem. Yeah I think I'm gonna get an extra set of goggles too cause it sucks not being able to fly!

Well I just made progress! I think lol. I noticed that it wasn't beeping when switching from patch to omni. So I unplugged the patch antenna and I haven't lost signal yet! I'm going to go fly my whoop for several batteries without the patch and see how it goes. As soon as I plug the patch in and walk into another room I get the dreaded dark grey screen. So I think I'm getting close I'm gonna check diversity cables again to see if I can spot a problem. Yeah I think I'm gonna get an extra set of goggles too cause it sucks not being able to fly!
May have the wrong connector on your patch. Look at it close and see if the center wire parts of the connectors are male and female

Reactions: Jtrjr
May have the wrong connector on your patch. Look at it close and see if the center wire parts of the connectors are male and female
I just took the diversity module off and unplugged it and very gently squeezed the connector and plugged it back in and now it's beeping again! Hopefully that was it. I'm gonna go fly and I'll report back. I'm still gonna keep the Fatshark diversity module so I have a backup. That is of course if this keeps working. I'll let ya know. Thx for all your help. I ordered some of that freeze spray. I never heard of that. Thx for that tip I'm sure it'll come in handy sometime.

Well I believe the problem is solved! I have ran about 30 lipos through my tiny whoop with no drop ours. I just think the divest cable had a bad connection on one of the pins and after crimping it down slightly and pulling some of the tension off they are working perfectly! I'm so relieved. Thanks everybody for your help and advice I really appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam