Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Fatshark dominator v3 signal/power loss....

baevans11

Reaction score
I'm losing signal or power to my dom v3s out of nowhere. I have confirmed that it is the goggles because it happens on several quads. After a few seconds the screen just goes black like it switches to RX 0 and when I flip the switch to 0 then back to 1 I regain signal but only to lose it again a few seconds later. The battery is of course fully charged. I have the laforge module with diversity. This setup is only 2 months old too. On a side note the fan does not always work either. I will plug in and hit the button and nothing happens then after a few minutes it will turn on. It's a hit or miss. I've reached out to heli-nation but I'm curious if anyone has ever experienced these problems?

You might have a loose power wire on the board inside the goggles.
I couldn't see any loose wires but I did notice what's in the picture I uploaded. Some type of white residue. Almost looks like smoke but I've never smelt anything burning. But this definitely doesn't look normal. What do you think?

Attachments

• 20171015_143248.jpg
    20171015_143248.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 10
Ok thx. Well I put them back together and they worked for 3 whoop lipos and 3 chameleon lipos then they started dropping out again but as soon as I switch the rx off then on again video comes back. Weird. I'm just waiting on Heli-nation and Fatshark to email me back cause these things are barely 2 mos old. Frustrating!
That's soldering debris

That's soldering debris
I have another question. I just installed a new tiny-mic v2 and I lose audio once I get about 75 feet away then it comes back once I get close again. I'm using a HV Tramp at 350mw power. Any ideas what the problem may be? I have it powered right off the lipo and the signal wire to the vtx of course.

Ok thx. Well I put them back together and they worked for 3 whoop lipos and 3 chameleon lipos then they started dropping out again but as soon as I switch the rx off then on again video comes back. Weird. I'm just waiting on Heli-nation and Fatshark to email me back cause these things are barely 2 mos old. Frustrating!
sounds like an overheating issue

I have another question. I just installed a new tiny-mic v2 and I lose audio once I get about 75 feet away then it comes back once I get close again. I'm using a HV Tramp at 350mw power. Any ideas what the problem may be? I have it powered right off the lipo and the signal wire to the vtx of course.
Not sure, should have the same range as your vtx

Reactions: Futuramille
I'm really tempted to order the Fatshark diversity module so I can at least see if the problem lies within the goggles, module or a combo of the laforge and goggles together. Unless someone else has a better idea? Fatshark has been responding it's just slow going and I'm a bit impatient. I've read alot of stuff about laforge' s and furious fpv' s burning up fatsharks but so many others use them without incident.

I am using a furious r3 with hd3's and have had no issues, sorry for your trouble and I think the laforge and furious if not broken or inserted wrong or with power on are good, you could get a cheap generic fs module to troubleshoot with but then you have something you may not want or need.

Reactions: baevans11
Bae,

I'm not having any issues with my FuriousFPV True-D 3.5 module in my Fatshark Dominator V3's. Something is definitely wrong with you goggles or module. Didn't you buy a standard module when you first bought your FatSharks? If so, I'm with HTP, try that first. Also, if you have spare antenna's, swap them out, just to make sure it's not an antenna issue. I've got a spare FSV2442 32ch 5G8 Race Band Receiver Module if you need it. I'll send it to you to test things out but I'd like to get it back or get something minimal for it.

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0112SBG5G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Bae,

I'm not having any issues with my FuriousFPV True-D 3.5 module in my Fatshark Dominator V3's. Something is definitely wrong with you goggles or module. Didn't you buy a standard module when you first bought your FatSharks? If so, I'm with HTP, try that first. Also, if you have spare antenna's, swap them out, just to make sure it's not an antenna issue. I've got a spare FSV2442 32ch 5G8 Race Band Receiver Module if you need it. I'll send it to you to test things out but I'd like to get it back or get something minimal for it.

Jerry

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0112SBG5G/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Wow that's a very generous offer I appreciate that! I think I'm gonna order one on amazon cause I can get it saturday. I'm very impatient and ready to fly lol. Even if i dont get airborne this weekend at least ill be closer to figuring things out. I'm sure you know how that goes. We're all fpv addicts haha. Btw i purchased the goggles and laforge combo as a package from heli-nation. Hopefully one of the 3 helps me resolve this, right now theyre just pointing fingers at each other. So if i can undoubtlly say its one or the other one of them wont have a choice but to help as they are only 2 mos old. Hopefully! Once again thank you very much!

Does anyone know of a way to power the laforge module seperatly? I've heard of someone doing it but they didn't say how or what power source. Fatshark emailed me back and they think the laforge fried something and said they'd repair it for about 50$ which I understand. Still sucks though. I just don't think something is fried because it goes on and off especially after I flip the rx switch. So I'd think if something was fried it wouldn't work at all. I ordered the Fatshark diversity module and it'll be here tomorrow. Hopefully it will work and then I'll know it's a problem with the module. Any ideas on how to externally power the laforge would be greatly appreciated.

Wish i could help ya, if i had them in front of me i could probably fix them. It's either a chip overheating or a bad solder, plug or wire/trace. Are you positive its not your vtx?

Also this issue happens right away not only after the goggles have been on for awhile so I would assume that would lessen the chances of it being an overheating issue. At least that's my thinking. Thoughts?

Wish i could help ya, if i had them in front of me i could probably fix them. It's either a chip overheating or a bad solder, plug or wire/trace. Are you positive its not your vtx?
Yeah cause it's happening on a couple of quads. Thanks. Hopefully I'll know more tomorrow evening once I have the new module. If that doesn't work I'm gonna send them to Fatshark Monday. I'll post back when I know more.

I just plugged in my quad and moved it around and put it behind me and a door and the whole time I never heard the modules beep like they usually do when switching. I should've heard a beep correct?

I haven't used the fatsharks, cant help ya in that regard, sorry i know it sux, i actually ordered a second set of goggles just in case mine crapped out but they didn't work so i sent them back and didn't order another one yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam