Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Finally tried the DJI v2 goggles with the Caddx system

The style of your flying seems to have changed a bit where you can tell your enjoying the visual experience :), the music fits perfectly to what most pilots probably feel when they move from analog to digital. I took my camera lens guard off my baby croc since it cut the corners like yours.
1. FYI, the power cord that connects to the googles can easily be pulled out and if its not all the way in it will turn off making you blind. Make sure you have the cord supported to your head strap.(I have the v1 so maybe the v2 already comes with a clip to hold it)
2. Also look up the 1200mw hack you can do with your goggles since by default they only go up to 700mw. All it requires is to create a text file on your sd card, and add one line. Here are the instructions.
3. Avoid direct sunlight to the lenses on your goggles or the screens inside will get damaged with green spots.
Congrats, nice smooth flying!

Reactions: tevek and ebeez
The style of your flying seems to have changed a bit where you can tell your enjoying the visual experience :), the music fits perfectly to what most pilots probably feel when they move from analog to digital. I took my camera lens guard off my baby croc since it cut the corners like yours.
1. FYI, the power cord that connects to the googles can easily be pulled out and if its not all the way in it will turn off making you blind. Make sure you have the cord supported to your head strap.(I have the v1 so maybe the v2 already comes with a clip to hold it)
2. Also look up the 1200mw hack you can do with your goggles since by default they only go up to 700mw. All it requires is to create a text file on your sd card, and add one line. Here are the instructions.
3. Avoid direct sunlight to the lenses on your goggles or the screens inside will get damaged with green spots.
Congrats, nice smooth flying!
Thanks Madhungarian! Yes I read about the cord as well. I'm going to do a little zip-tie hack to address that. I did apply the FCC and range mod but thank you for the link! Screens seem to need the same care as the analog goggles. I always keep them out of the sun. Would be an expensive mistake that's for sure!
Thanks for the comments and yips! Much appreciated. I really enjoyed the detail the digital view provides! Not sure if this will be my main go-to quad yet but time will tell. This was literally the 1st flight with the setup so I'll see how it goes.
Hope you are keeping well!

Reactions: Madhungarian
Have to agree with @Madhungarian , you have changed to a more swoopy style of flying. For whatever reason, I have done the same with just getting out and having a good look at the country and enjoying the detail of digital. Lot of stuff going on at the moment and I hope to sit down and edit some of my work footage from my chimera 4 and overcome the peer group shyness and just post it here. I have a chimera 7 with an insta 360 which I plan to take down near the coastal ocean area where I live to do a run and hopefully have something worthwhile.
Nice work as usual!

Have to agree with @Madhungarian , you have changed to a more swoopy style of flying. For whatever reason, I have done the same with just getting out and having a good look at the country and enjoying the detail of digital. Lot of stuff going on at the moment and I hope to sit down and edit some of my work footage from my chimera 4 and overcome the peer group shyness and just post it here. I have a chimera 7 with an insta 360 which I plan to take down near the coastal ocean area where I live to do a run and hopefully have something worthwhile.
Nice work as usual!
Thank you Tevek! Good to hear from you! Hope you are keeping well! Agree.. I'm trying to establish some flow to the flying. I find it easy to do if I'm just cruising around, right side up LOL. When it comes to the freestyle side I'm not so diligent :( I find a lot of my movements are robotic and kinda jerky. I've been toying with the set point and rates but at the end of the day it also comes down to stick control. A lot of the time my panic button gets pushed and I react, creating not-so-smooth manoeuvres but gotta keep trying. Ya man looking forward to seeing your videos! A nice cruise down the coast would be perfect! Then I can live vicariously through you :) As for the shyness I know what you mean. I don't really like attention, whether it is good or bad. ... It's always nice to be acknowledged for your work. This is my favourite forum as the folks in here seem genuine and to be honest I enjoy watching the other videos posted. Gives me some ideas on what to try or what I need to improve on. Aside from getting help and assistance with things, these forums are great for seeing what other folks are up to and learning from them too! Showcase your stuff!

Reactions: Madhungarian

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya