Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

First FPV flight with a real quad Vortex 180

venomoussvt

Reaction score
Had my first fpv flight with a real quad today. Actually my first flight with what I would consider a real quad period, let alone fpv, and in full acro. Just got my vortex 180 in the mail today! Flight went good, one disoriented moment about 15-20 seconds in and I chopped out of it and laid it down quick in the grass. Just had a bit of panic. But the nerves we're eating me alive anyways having no experience with fpv or something of this caliber. Thank God for simulators. Logged roughly 8 hours in liftoff and after my first little "crash", for lack of better terms, I flew around cautiously but with some comfortable speed. I bought an inductrix fpv plus 2 weeks ago and have flown 15 or so batteries through it in level mode around the house but it's characteristics aren't really really comparable. I will hands down say that my flight today would have resulted in a trashed quad in less than a minute had it not been for simulator time. Time on the sticks is EVERYTHING!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Had my first fpv flight with a real quad today. Actually my first flight with what I would consider a real quad period, let alone fpv, and in full acro. Just got my vortex 180 in the mail today! Flight went good, one disoriented moment about 15-20 seconds in and I chopped out of it and laid it down quick in the grass. Just had a bit of panic. But the nerves we're eating me alive anyways having no experience with fpv or something of this caliber. Thank God for simulators. Logged roughly 8 hours in liftoff and after my first little "crash", for lack of better terms, I flew around cautiously but with some comfortable speed. I bought an inductrix fpv plus 2 weeks ago and have flown 15 or so batteries through it in level mode around the house but it's characteristics aren't really really comparable. I will hands down say that my flight today would have resulted in a trashed quad in less than a minute had it not been for simulator time. Time on the sticks is EVERYTHING!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Good quad. Have you set up an arm switch?

Reactions: NeoCloneOne
Arm switch, I said, as oppose to stick arming. It makes it easier to disarm in the event of a crash.
I have not yet dove Into that.. my whoop is on the bind button on my dx6. I actually got used to that and like it. Haven't looked Into what it takes to program that to my arm/disarm on the vortex yet. But yes, I would like to do so.

Reactions: NeoCloneOne

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RcRen