Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight mapping

Bentwings

Reaction score
Ok I’m a dog trainer and K9 trainer situations come up where we have to know exactly where the dog is. I this is drones but same situation where is my drone right now not 10 seconds later. Dogs can run 15 mph all day and then some so it’s pitch dark, pouring rain, suspect is on the run. Now the dog can probably catch up and bring the bad person down but I need to be there to take over. I hear noise but can’t see a thing except my blurry phone or collar radio frequency screen. My dog isn’t going to let the suspect get away and I have several commands I can use but I’m not letting an armed suspect injur someone else’s I need yo get there quickly or direct others . Gps is probably still trying to log in to maps but I need instant information. Wild life trackers have this capability but don’t display on phones well.
so what do the drone people use to track the speedy drones. Yeah my dog has a body cam so the capture is recorded more or less. You can imagine a fight on the ground here. Even my body cam is going to be far from stable. I’m probably 2-300 yards away in dom some mud hole but I can’t see a thing and I’m stumbling around trying to head for the sounds. I can call the dog off and he will te engage if the suspect tries to get away but I’d rather bring a n injured suspect in than a dead one. So I need yo see on screen where the dog is. In relation to me. I’ve seen videos of drones flying flight paths and returning home so I know there is something available. I’m an avid modeler so adapting something is not out of the question. I’ve tried a number of gps trackers but none update fast enough. 5 seconds is a lifetime when you get into these situations. I’ve been on model hunts in the deep woods too but even finding a beeping signal is hard.
Anyone have any ideas?
Byron

Ok I’m a dog trainer and K9 trainer situations come up where we have to know exactly where the dog is. I this is drones but same situation where is my drone right now not 10 seconds later. Dogs can run 15 mph all day and then some so it’s pitch dark, pouring rain, suspect is on the run. Now the dog can probably catch up and bring the bad person down but I need to be there to take over. I hear noise but can’t see a thing except my blurry phone or collar radio frequency screen. My dog isn’t going to let the suspect get away and I have several commands I can use but I’m not letting an armed suspect injur someone else’s I need yo get there quickly or direct others . Gps is probably still trying to log in to maps but I need instant information. Wild life trackers have this capability but don’t display on phones well.
so what do the drone people use to track the speedy drones. Yeah my dog has a body cam so the capture is recorded more or less. You can imagine a fight on the ground here. Even my body cam is going to be far from stable. I’m probably 2-300 yards away in dom some mud hole but I can’t see a thing and I’m stumbling around trying to head for the sounds. I can call the dog off and he will te engage if the suspect tries to get away but I’d rather bring a n injured suspect in than a dead one. So I need yo see on screen where the dog is. In relation to me. I’ve seen videos of drones flying flight paths and returning home so I know there is something available. I’m an avid modeler so adapting something is not out of the question. I’ve tried a number of gps trackers but none update fast enough. 5 seconds is a lifetime when you get into these situations. I’ve been on model hunts in the deep woods too but even finding a beeping signal is hard.
Anyone have any ideas?
Byron
I don’t think the Karen’s would be too happy to see you chasing dogs with drones, especially since flying above pedestrians is illegal.

I don’t think the Karen’s would be too happy to see you chasing dogs with drones, especially since flying above pedestrians is illegal.
I may have mis directed here I don’t mean chasing with a drone. Probably better stated is I want to use the tracking feature to be able to know exactly where the dog is. Radio wildlife trackers that biologists use do work very well however the are very expensive and usually have rather bulky tracking receivers. . I would be nice to have a model system I could attach to a collar or harness. I don’t like harness for apprehension as it gives a potential grip point for the bad person a stun device can be incorporated but it gets complicated. A well trained dog can cost 10 to 50 k dollars so we like to protect them when possible . They responded to various commands at relatively long distances I’ve used flashlight and speakers on collars but if I cant even see the dog for example a building search or nasty weathEr night the operations get very difficult. Dogs can think for themselves but they are not mind readers. So I’d like to be able to follow as close as possible . Just a search and rescue can be in tough terrain and bad weather. Our first experiments with early go pro unstabilized cameras were hilarious. Basically a blur . It’s pretty amazing how well or brains function with our eyes. I tried a good night vision on my boat but I nearly ran into a steel Chanel marker
Float I even knew it’s location but never saw it until I was almost on it. There is software for boats but it uses gps so you are subject to time updates just as google maps
Byron

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adax