Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Flight simulator

Oman

Reaction score
Can someone recommend a GOOD realistic software flight simulator, one that will not .break the bank? I'am a 71 year old newbie .quads don't get it. IoI
Thanks guys let em rip

Last edited:
Reactions: FPV Flier
Can someone recommend a GOOD realistic software flight simulator, one that will not .break the bank? I'am a 71 year old newbie .quads don't get it. IoI
Thanks guys let em rip
I'm in the process of setting up Microsoft Flight Simulator ( The best most realistic simulator in my opinion) it won't break the bank either. Shop around online...I've seen specials for $49.99. The flight characteristics are very close to the real thing. I've flown(Real) Cessna 150's so I know the sim is the closest thing to flying a real aircraft. Many flight schools use MSFS 2020. Hope this helps.

I think he's looking for an FPV quad simulator, Liftoff is a popular one.

FS2020's awesome for full scale indeed though, especially for FPV with a VR headset :D

Reactions: FPV Flier
I'm in the process of setting up Microsoft Flight Simulator ( The best most realistic simulator in my opinion) it won't break the bank either. Shop around online...I've seen specials for $49.99. The flight characteristics are very close to the real thing. I've flown(Real) Cessna 150's so I know the sim is the closest thing to flying a real aircraft. Many flight schools use MSFS 2020. Hope this helps.
Thank you oman

Looking for FPV SOFTWARE

Last edited:
Have you heard of or checked out X-Plane?
X-Plane 11 Flight Simulator | More Powerful. Made Usable.

Hi...I highly recommend a simulator managed by an individual who releases new versions every 6 to 12 months. The flight simulator is called Curry Kitten. On github it's free, or at least used to be. Through Steam it is $1.99.
It's a lot of fun, and there is a game called Quad Ball that will really hone your drone flying skills.

Liftoff (has official DJI FPV Combo ) Liftoff: FPV Drone Racing on Steam
DRL (Drone racing league) The Drone Racing League Simulator on Steam
Uncrashed (one of the better looking sims built in UE) Uncrashed : FPV Drone Simulator on Steam
TRYP FPV (Brand new in the last week, has some interesting scenarios for chasing, cars, bikes, base jumpers, built in UE5 so it looks awesome) TRYP FPV : The Drone Racer Simulator on Steam

Free option
FPV.Skydive FPV.SkyDive : FPV Drone Racing & Freestyle Simulator on Steam

Thanks guys let em rip
Try liftoff by the Rotor Riot team. Very realistic and only 29.99. It is recognized as a standard in the FPV hobby.

Reactions: Rune
Thanks guys let em rip
I have only used FPV Freerider, perhaps not the best, but it's free and I got it running on my tablet and pc.
It has certainly improved my overrall real life flying, particularly in Acro mode.

Thanks guys let em rip
I think the DJI FPV sim is free. I've seen mixed reviews of how good it is, but since it only runs on iOS, and I have a 'droid, I have no personal experience with it.

Try liftoff by the Rotor Riot team. Very realistic and only 29.99. It is recognized as a standard in the FPV hobby.
I like Liftoff a lot but wanted to try another one so I got Tryp Fpv. For some reason its like learning it all over again and even as I fell I master Liftoff I feel something is off on Tryp or I'm just mistaken. Any experience?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax