Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

FPV Manual Mode -- Fifth Flight

The way the camera is controlled is fundamentally different in M from N/S (the former locks the camera to the aircraft while the latter lock it to the horizon). When you put the switch in M the camera leaves the horizon-based lock and goes to +20° which is pretty much the ideal angle for M mode on the FPV.
OK, that might make sense. I could see that.

But if the attitude doesn't change, why does the aircraft start to drift backwards and downwards, every time. A change in just where the camera points wouldn't do that.

Those changes in aircraft motion would require a pitch change...right?
If it's the same video I've seen it shows just what I described and that pitch doesn't change.
It wasn't a video, it was a screen shot of the flight data during the transition from Normal mode to Manual mode. I'm almost certain that the data line that the OP pointed to was aircraft attitude, not camera position.

How could you produce the motion of the aircraft drifting downward and backward, every time, without a pitch change of the aircraft? I'm not saying there's no way to do it, but if there is, I can't see what it is.

Thx.

How could you produce the motion of the aircraft drifting downward and backward, every time, without a pitch change of the aircraft?
Can you show a video of that? Cause still not getting what you're talking about unless it's very slight and just "margin of error" level.

OK, that might make sense. I could see that.

But if the attitude doesn't change, why does the aircraft start to drift backwards and downwards, every time. A change in just where the camera points wouldn't do that.

Those changes in aircraft motion would require a pitch change...right?

It wasn't a video, it was a screen shot of the flight data during the transition from Normal mode to Manual mode. I'm almost certain that the data line that the OP pointed to was aircraft attitude, not camera position.

How could you produce the motion of the aircraft drifting downward and backward, every time, without a pitch change of the aircraft? I'm not saying there's no way to do it, but if there is, I can't see what it is.

Thx.
Downward is easily explained.... the function of the vertical left stick changes from commanding altitude change to being an actual throttle. The zero point right in the middle is not the correct amount of power in manual to hold altitude when level. Thinking that that control is a "throttle" in any way in N/S modes is the chief error. It is an input to the FC that commands go "up/down", and how fast.

When you switch to manual, the FC stops maintaining altitude and position. The only thing the FC does is monitor the gyro and hold attitude, whatever orientation you put it in. The left stick actually becomes a throttle, controlling power proportional to stick position.

Turbulence alone from the drone itself is more than enough to move it around with no millisecond reactions to counter all the random buffeting forces from the crazy wild air below the props.

What is your data that convinces you the drone is moving backwards when you switch to manual up there at 300 feet?

Last edited:
"i wish there was a way to hear the engines in flight".
Instead of wishing, just read the instructions

"i wish there was a way to hear the engines in flight".
Instead of wishing, just read the instructions
Are you referring to recording sound on the drone in-flight?

As far as I know there's no way to listen to the microphone while flying, but please tell me I'm wrong, and how to do it! 😃

EDIT: What do you know, there's a standard 2.5mm audio jack on the goggles, and the live audio is there! it's been so long since I've used wired headphones i didn't even think of it!

Last edited:
Reactions: Fpvbefokt

As far as I know there's no way to listen to the microphone while flying, but please tell me I'm wrong, and how to do it! 😃
I already know how to record it in flight. That's silly simple; I didn't even take any action to make it happen.

What I want is be able to, in real time in flight, hear the sound from the motors. If that's in the manual, I must have missed it in the 4 or 5 times that I've read it, which strikes me as unlikely.

Thx.

EDIT: What do you know, there's a standard 2.5mm audio jack on the goggles, and the live audio is there! it's been so long since I've used wired headphones i didn't even think of it!
Glad to enlighten someone.
In order to maintain situational awareness, i used to fly with it plugged into only one ear, but as there are 2 microphones on the drone, stereo is better.
I use a set of bone conducting headphones, which allow my ears to remain uncovered.

I already know how to record it in flight. That's silly simple; I didn't even take any action to make it happen.

What I want is be able to, in real time in flight, hear the sound from the motors. If that's in the manual, I must have missed it in the 4 or 5 times that I've read it, which strikes me as unlikely.

Thx.
Unlikely that you're wrong?? I can't believe it either, but you, sir, are WRONG!! (AGAIN).
That funny little hole on the goggles next to the power input, is not just a funny little hole. It is numbered in the instructions (manual), with an explanation of its function.
If you missed that, imagine how many other salient points that's others have brought up here you've missed? (Probably none-that you're aware of).
Despite your peculiar attitude, i give you this info from the goodness of my heart. Enjoy.

Unlikely that you're wrong?? I can't believe it either, but you, sir, are WRONG!! (AGAIN).
That funny little hole on the goggles next to the power input, is not just a funny little hole. It is numbered in the instructions (manual), with an explanation of its function.
If you missed that, imagine how many other salient points that's others have brought up here you've missed? (Probably none-that you're aware of).
Despite your peculiar attitude, i give you this info from the goodness of my heart. Enjoy.
It was unlikely. And I was wrong. Unlikely stuff does happen, it's just not...likely!

Do you use this snarky tone just for sport, or what?

Now I'm going to have to get some wired headsets to check this out. If you (or preferably someone less snarky) has a recommendation for cheap wired headphones that will work...while not interfering with the fit of the goggles...I'd greatly appreciate it.

And yes, Virginia, I'm going to re-read the manual again. I had no interest in this feature when I read it before, so I must have just skimmed over it. Just like I do with most detailed camera stuff for all of my drones.

:cool:

Now I'm going to have to get some wired headsets to check this out. If you (or preferably someone less snarky) has a recommendation for cheap wired headphones that will work...while not interfering with the fit of the goggles...I'd greatly appreciate it.
Walgreens, CVS, Rite-Aid.

On Amazon

Brand: Easycat
New Bone Conduction Headphones with Microphone Stereo Open-Ear Sport Headphone with Noise Reduction Microphone (Blue)

Last edited:
Reactions: okw

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya