Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Gimble Recalibration

Krrr

Reaction score
I fired up the Avata, controller and headset. Everyone is happy, but now I get a "recalibrate gimble" message. I set up the recalibrate directions on the headset and it starts to recalibrate till 10%, then sits. I need some advice. This Avata has never flown.

I fired up the Avata, controller and headset. Everyone is happy, but now I get a "recalibrate gimble" message. I set up the recalibrate directions on the headset and it starts to recalibrate till 10%, then sits. I need some advice. This Avata has never flown.
Well that sucks. Where did you purchase the drone? Call DJI Support 818-235-0789 M-F 0700 – 17:00. They have helped me in the past.

Reactions: Krrr
DJI tried to help. There was a gimble calibration screen on the website. You had to follow blue squares on a laptop, with the Avata. I failed. DJI accepted it back. Always good service.

Okay it has been a week since I sent the Avata back. DJI has not received it from UPS yet. A week to get to California. But the FPV Controller 2, from DJI, has arrived. I will update.

Okay it is Friday, DJI has received my Avata. Evaluation has begun. Maybe my Dronemask 2 will arrive to fly the Mini 2 before Avata returns. FPV flying for me is getting nearer.

Verdict in:"Gimbal Motor Module was malfunctioned,which caused fail to calibrate gimbal." Repair $72. DJI will not charge anything. Thank you DJI. Avata might finally fly. Now awaiting delivery from Ground Crew.

On Tuesday the visit ended and the Avata was sent home. Thank you DJI. I think the Dronemask 2 will win the delivery race, to get here first. DJI diagnostic and repair is quick. The time is in shipping it, back and forth. Thanks again DJI.

Update Thursday;
Avata expected to make arrival by 8pm today.
(Left 10 days ago)
Dronemask 2 expected Monday.
(Pre-Release: Yesterday)
Exciting times.

Thursday, Avata made it,
so did the snow. Maybe fly tomorrow.
Thanks to DJI for the great service.
Dronemask 2 made it.
From
Hong Kong 4pm Nov 16th (release date)
to
PA 4pm Nov 17th, not bad.