Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Going F3 to F4 - 20 x 20 stacks

Futuramille

Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
15275472649481775729244.jpg
I gave up on the old pico blx in my newly rebuilt cerberus micro. im eyeing the new Furious pico f4 for both my 2" and 3" Cerberus.
20 x 20 stacks on both, the two inch has a fresh cicada 25a 4in1, new brother motors but try as i can test, this older pico blx f3 fc on the 2" is suspect. motor one doesn't show in blheli (same as before the rebuild), tests fine in BF with multishot but not dshot (dshot capable) and now RX isn't showing in betaflight. ive tried everything i can think of... hours of videos. bad fc?

Also, ive still got the 3" to rebuild. I need a new 4in1 and FC in that to (full rebuild) . i was considering an AIO board (space) but...
if y'all wanted to get the best 2s to 4s capable 20 x 20 stack with F4 capabilities... what would you get? ill try to use the same stack for both with just a motor difference if bossible. these motors..15275462161291495779311.jpg
im thinking this..
FuriousFPV PIKO F4 16MB Black Box Flight Controller, FURIOUS FPV
and the cicada 25a 4in1 for both... Cicada 25A 4in1 BLHeli-S DSHOT 2-4S ESC (20×20) – Flynoceros

thoughts?

Reactions: HighTechPauper
i like beafy, good price there too. do you think it's better than a cicada 4in1? .. and for the sake of conversation, in what way?

I'm wanting to compare best to best but with my little experience with different options (just now wearing out first quads) im taking a hesitant stance. im checking options. thanks for your input as ever Green!

my thought/goal is to have a 2 - 4s system on both and just run 2-3s on the micro and 3-4s on the mini.
do y'all think this is possible?
eg: max the stack on the 3"... copy to the 2" and have exactly the same hardware, betaflight, blhelli, OSD( frsky mx+ rx) etc.

im thinking, same same would streamline maintaining these smaller quads... or i end up just flying the 5" cerb v2 and missing out on the smaller airspace.

my thought/goal is to have a 2 - 4s system on both and just run 2-3s on the micro and 3-4s on the mini.
do y'all think this is possible?
eg: max the stack on the 3"... copy to the 2" and have exactly the same hardware, betaflight, blhelli, OSD( frsky mx+ rx) etc.

im thinking, same same would streamline maintaining these smaller quads... or i end up just flying the 5" cerb v2 and missing out on the smaller airspace.

Yes the ESC will be slightly overkill for the smaller motors but it won't hurt anything other than your pocket book.

i kinda have all furious fpv boards.
on the other hand, this raceflight revolt setup is still working flawlessly.. i just don't know raceflight and simply need to figure it out to reduce D a bit before installing new motors. i wore out the motors.. over 1300 packs and counting. 1527696134106981160982.jpg
and if i could figure out how to get the micro setup/ rewired.. maybe?

"this older pico blx f3 fc on the 2" is suspect. motor one doesn't show in blheli (same as before the rebuild), tests fine in BF with multishot but not dshot (dshot capable)"

has anyone seen this before.. BLheli shows only 3 of four motors (missing #1) and Betaflight controls all four motors when using single/ multi but motor one doesn't work with Dshot though 2, 3, 4 work perfectly.

I had that before but it was on an FC that didn't officially support Dshot. The fix was to move the bad motor signal wire over to the LED pin. Even though the cause may be different, the solution could work for you.

Using CLI resource command, you could re-map the motor pad resource to an available DMA capable pad (like LED pad if not in use). Then you can either move the troublesome ESC signal wire to the LED pad, or solder a jumper wire from the current motor signal pad to the LED pad.

... something i haven't tried!! resigning the uart.. in fact (though i can't find the photo yet) the pico board was originally grounded differently and signal was on uart 2? i need the picture sigh. the board may have had an issue when built bnf from flynocerous. in my ignorance i rebuilt it without tracking how it was initially setup because i want getting battery voltage in OSD and it looked funky. i desoldered it and.. sigh. so that's why I'm thinking start over on the 2" build.
the 3" jyst needs new motors, and learning raceflight to fly well again. i have new printed parts and its flew beastly yesterday but two motors are "stuttering" randomly... the magnets are layered in a cooked sheen of playing the part of weed eater.
the cheap path is replace the motors (add paracord) and stick with what works. the only gain is standardization. maybe i should wait.. we have raceflight gurus on the forum. i was also looking at some of raceflights stack options for the 2" do they run betaflight withough issue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kylst18