Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello from Tennessee

rmns2bseen

Reaction score
Hello to everyone! I recently got the DJI FPV combo...couldn't resist the slightly lowered price. I've flown it a couple of times already -- in Normal mode of course -- and I love it so far. Despite the negativity I've seen from some FPV purists, I think the concept is brilliant. This is something that you can gradually grow into. I also have a MA2 and hang out at the Mavic forum occasionally as well. Being a total newbie to the FPV world I probably won't have a lot of input, and I hope I don't encounter too many problems, but I do look forward to learning more about this particular system and FPV in general.

Welcome to the forum. Another flyer here from Tennessee.

My first quad is a Mavic 2 Pro. It has pretty much become a paperweight because it is not as fun to fly as my little FPV quads.

I think the negativity you see from what you call the purists is because a true FPV quad is meant to push the limits, have fun, and crash and keep on going. A quad made out of plastic to us is not really a quote "true FPV quad". Even a minor crash could require a good bit of repair at a high cost. Most also enjoy building the quads just as much as they do flying them. The DJI quad works well for many even some of the purists who are looking for just casual flying around and light acro. I would not risk it for trying to shoot gaps etc. because the first time you don't make it, it will cost a whole lot to get back in the air again...

This forum had been quite dead before the DJI FPV quad was released. Then it was flooded for a couple few months and has now died back down but it's still mostly DJI posts now. It looks like most the regulars that were here pre-DJI aren't posting much anymore. I don't really check here much myself as there is another FPV forum which is much more active for FPV pilots.

Enjoy your quad as it works well for certain types of flying and FPV can be very addicting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: BigAl07
Hello to everyone! I recently got the DJI FPV combo...couldn't resist the slightly lowered price. I've flown it a couple of times already -- in Normal mode of course -- and I love it so far. Despite the negativity I've seen from some FPV purists, I think the concept is brilliant. This is something that you can gradually grow into. I also have a MA2 and hang out at the Mavic forum occasionally as well. Being a total newbie to the FPV world I probably won't have a lot of input, and I hope I don't encounter too many problems, but I do look forward to learning more about this particular system and FPV in general.
Welcome to the forum 👍👍

WELCOME to the forum from a neighbor in western NC :)

The DJI FPV Drone is a great "sort of" entry into FPV. Yes it's definitely FPV but as BB explained its a long way from the Die Hard FPV'ers love. It's a TON of fun but if you push the limits (its limits or yours) the repairs are going to be a bit more painful.

HELLO THERE!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax