Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hello & Welcome!

LuvMyTJ

Reaction score
Hello,
I am a small business owner in New York, a long time RC enthusiast and an avid aerial photographer. I have recently been bitten by the racing bug! I have started my addiction with a small 180 class racer with FPV goggles to see how it goes. :D

TJ

I'm gonna get one soon :)
That guy above me made me join ;)

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
Being totally new and not owning a racer yet. I thought I read your supposed to have ham amature radio license for fatsharks. And what is your flight times.

Being totally new and not owning a racer yet. I thought I read your supposed to have ham amature radio license for fatsharks. And what is your flight times.
If Your VTx is certified by the FCC then you don't need a HAM. Not many are, so otherwise you need to get a HAM license. Also flight times depend on weight, whether your battery is 3s or 4s, proppelors, etc.

Last edited:
I built a 250 racer months ago but have really not flown it much, just three flights and all ended up crashing. I have the CC3D open pilot board and can not figure out which flying platform or firmware under the Open Pilot would be best. I was having problems with the drone being stable after take off, it would drift all over the place and was constantly fighting it to keep control which I normally lost. Any help on which Open Pilot program to use would really be appreciated.

I am a quad addict now I think... Got my first quad, a Phantom 2 Non-Vision last July, and was instantly hooked. Then in November, I started on a 500mm quad build, which is just about complete. Now I am in the process of building a Robocat 270, hopefully will race it, but going to get used to it first before that... here is a pic in its current state... still waiting on a PDB to be delivered, and going to switch out the Naze32 with a SP Racing clone...

IMG_0547.JPG

Hey all, I've had a phantom for a little over a year, and been on Phantom Pilots for a couple months. I am soooo glad they made a forum site just for racing drones!! I just bought my first racing drone last month, and even though I love flying it, I still have a lot of learning to do..lol. Mine is a 250 Storm "Buster" I got it from a guy I met on ebay, he builds them for you, almost ready to fly. His name is Joe and he has a lot of youtube videos and has been a HUGE help to me via email questions. I would like to build my own in the future, and from looking at this forum there are a ton of styles and sizes I can learn about! I look forward to talking to everyone and picking peoples brains for advice and help, in return I will be more than happy to help you out with anything I am able to.
racing drone.jpg

Reactions: Hebrews12v2
I am a quad addict now I think... Got my first quad, a Phantom 2 Non-Vision last July, and was instantly hooked. Then in November, I started on a 500mm quad build, which is just about complete. Now I am in the process of building a Robocat 270, hopefully will race it, but going to get used to it first before that... here is a pic in its current state... still waiting on a PDB to be delivered, and going to switch out the Naze32 with a SP Racing clone...

View attachment 6
that thing looks like it weighs about a 1000 pounds! will it even lift off? lol

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome Corey. First time checking out racing drones? :)

Lol... on the flip side, my first build, a 500mm, weighs in at a hefty 1,800g. A pretty big difference... lol...

Now THIS one is about 1,000 pounds... :)IMG_0434.JPG

View attachment 6

Looks like a nice racer and a clean build. I personally like cleaner builds rather than having wires and other components spread everywhere. Nice, neat and tidy. Best of luck....

Reactions: kenjancef
Looks like a nice racer and a clean build. I personally like cleaner builds rather than having wires and other components spread everywhere. Nice, neat and tidy. Best of luck....

Thanks... yea, I like it neat... Plus it's easier to repair because you can see where everything is.

I had it floating around my basement a few days ago, can't wait to get it out in the open air!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone