Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with powering a "sit on quad" DVR

Serius

Reaction score
I'm looking at the FX DV08 HD DVR that sits on the quad but it has no Battery. Can someone help in how to power it from quad powered lipo battery?

You need a BEC (battery elimination circuit), but you probably already have one. Your PDB may already have one or even two. Have a look at where the camera and VTX wires go. They are most likely powered by a BEC somewhere.

Ok, im real new and do not know my acronyms. What is PDB? And VTX(Video transmitter?)? And once I find this BEC, how will I connect to it....connector or solder it?

Ps, took me this long to reply because for some reason, I can only open this forum in my house in WIFI. It's weird.

Take a picture of your board and post it.

PDB is Power Distribution Board. You will probably need to solder it. Do you have a camera and VTX (video transmitter) onboard now? If so, look where the red wire for one of those goes.

Reactions: Jtrjr
Ok. May take me a day or so to get the time to take a pic of it. Ok on soldering, that won't be a problem. I'll post the pic as soon as I can. Thanks for your help guys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax