Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Help with r-xsr/taranis/betaf4

baevans11

Reaction score
20171209_112245.jpg 20171209_112336.jpg 20171209_112351.jpg 20171209_112401.jpg 20171209_112421.jpg 20171209_112436.jpgI just put a r-xsr and bff4 on my quad and I can't get the tx to control the fc in bf. I followed fpv models video exactly. I will explain what I did and show you pics of my fc and screens. I can't find anywhere so your my only hope cause I'm stumped. Per fpv models video I went to cli and typed resource serial_tx 11 A09 then resource serial_tx 12 B10 then save. I went to config and turned on soft serial saved then went to ports and set soft serial 1 to irc tramp and soft serial 2 to smartport. On my fc the white wire on tx1 is my smart audio wire from hv tramp on tx3 the yellow wire is my smart port to r-xsr. On the rx pins green is sbus then 5v red black ground. (I know you knew that just wanted to be thorough) I am sure my taranis is setup right cause my micro and whoop setup fine under different models of course thank you for any help cause I have hit a wall and don't know what to do.

Last edited:
Well I got the rx and telemetry working and I can change my pids via my taranis but I can't change the vtx settings via taranis which is an hv tramp.

Did you try toggling inversion in CLI for the tramp telemetry signal?

Also, the tramp telemetry should not need soft serial, it can just go to a normal UART tx, and selected on the ports tab under peripheral. It doesn't output an inverted signal so works with any UART, afaik.

Might be worth trying that way. I guess you might need to undo one of those resource commands and then on ports tab select tramp HV as peripheral on UART1.

Did you try toggling inversion in CLI for the tramp telemetry signal?

Also, the tramp telemetry should not need soft serial, it can just go to a normal UART tx, and selected on the ports tab under peripheral. It doesn't output an inverted signal so works with any UART, afaik.

Might be worth trying that way. I guess you might need to undo one of those resource commands and then on ports tab select tramp HV as peripheral on UART1.
Ok thx for that info. What command do I enter to undo the soft serial on that uart? I turned it into soft serial because that was what fpv models video showed but he was setting up a tbs. Thx.

Sorry not sure what the name is for soft serial. You could look for something similar format to sbus_inversion and telemetry_inversion in your CLI dump.

I think you can go into BF Configurator and turn off Soft Serial and save and reboot. That should clear the Soft Serial and all the tweaks you made to it.

Reactions: VirtueViolater

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shempi