Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Hmmmm, maybe should have waited for the DJI FPV Drone

dura

Reaction score
Hey all, despite the title I'm actually still looking forwards to getting into my FPV journey. I've had bit of a dud start (bad luck?) and can see why the new dji fpv drone will be attractive to many.

I was looking for a nice stable platform to float my GoPro around on, that would also be fun to fly. Had a bit of funds to invest so ordered DJI Googles (still waiting for those) and a Geprc CineGO, TBS Tango2, pile of 6S batteries, charger etc, etc.

Also spent hours in LiftOff (so much fun) and got a couple of little drones. emax Tinyhawk II and Tinyhawk II freestyle.

So far:
  • Tinyhawk II - went up in smoke first time I connected a battery (yes I know which way around to plug them in)
  • CineGo - First flight (LOS) for 60 seconds, landed noticed the motors were scalding hot. Had a fiddle with adjusting Filters in Betaflight, took it for second flight, motors still hot, then would not arm - RPM Filters preventing. Set filters back again, still cant Arm. All Motors show as 100% Error.
The TH II Freestyle has been solid and heaps of fun to fly. But so far seems like build quality on much of this equipment is hit and miss, and after sales support is just awful.
Anyway whinge over. Anyone who has any ideas regarding the hot motors and RPM Filters issues please let me know, my concern is the ESC is gone. Tested it for shorts - none, no visual damage. Still struggling to get BLHeli to work.

There's a mod you should do with some hot glue and a piece of double stick tape to your Freestyle 2 that will make it way more crashable. DM me and I'll send you pics and instructions

Reactions: dura
There's a mod you should do with some hot glue and a piece of double stick tape to your Freestyle 2 that will make it way more crashable. DM me and I'll send you pics and instructions
What's this hot glue mod you speak of? LOL! I haven't heard of it and I'm very curious.

Hey all, despite the title I'm actually still looking forwards to getting into my FPV journey. I've had bit of a dud start (bad luck?) and can see why the new dji fpv drone will be attractive to many.

I was looking for a nice stable platform to float my GoPro around on, that would also be fun to fly. Had a bit of funds to invest so ordered DJI Googles (still waiting for those) and a Geprc CineGO, TBS Tango2, pile of 6S batteries, charger etc, etc.

Also spent hours in LiftOff (so much fun) and got a couple of little drones. emax Tinyhawk II and Tinyhawk II freestyle.

So far:
  • Tinyhawk II - went up in smoke first time I connected a battery (yes I know which way around to plug them in)
  • CineGo - First flight (LOS) for 60 seconds, landed noticed the motors were scalding hot. Had a fiddle with adjusting Filters in Betaflight, took it for second flight, motors still hot, then would not arm - RPM Filters preventing. Set filters back again, still cant Arm. All Motors show as 100% Error.
The TH II Freestyle has been solid and heaps of fun to fly. But so far seems like build quality on much of this equipment is hit and miss, and after sales support is just awful.
Anyway whinge over. Anyone who has any ideas regarding the hot motors and RPM Filters issues please let me know, my concern is the ESC is gone. Tested it for shorts - none, no visual damage. Still struggling to get BLHeli to work.
Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dura

So far:
The DJI FPV drone is good, but in order to use it to it's potential, you will want to learn to fly in ACRO mode (manual mode in DJI speak). The DJI drone is not a good platform with which to learn acro. You'll want to learn in a sim and with more rugged carbon fiber FPV drones before you attempt ACRO with the DJI. The other modes Normal and Sport have angle limits so no flips and rolls until you graduate to Manual mode and disable angle limits.

The DJI FPV drone is good, but in order to use it to it's potential, you will want to learn to fly in ACRO mode (manual mode in DJI speak). The DJI drone is not a good platform with which to learn acro. You'll want to learn in a sim and with more rugged carbon fiber FPV drones before you attempt ACRO with the DJI. The other modes Normal and Sport have angle limits so no flips and rolls until you graduate to Manual mode and disable angle limits.
What do i need to do to be able to use the Camera Settings as I cannot get to them or any other setting but Safety , do i need to be in the air. ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax