Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

How to upgrade DJI googles to V01.02.0000 and not to V01.02.0020?

Can the 2nd set be activated using the computer or do I have to hook it up to the drone? Will either DJI Assistant or DH show the FW version before activation?

Ya. I wonder if the people who did the root exploit will root the drone. Being able to tune PIDs and **** would really change things up.
The FPV's been rooted long ago, but obviously that latest fw fixes the exploits used for it.

Can the 2nd set be activated using the computer or do I have to hook it up to the drone? Will either DJI Assistant or DH show the FW version before activation?
Assistant and DH will show the version. Activation should be possible with assistant, but no idea if it would force upgrade before doing so like the phone app does, nor if either do the force upgrade when it's only the goggles connected without a drone powered up.

Reactions: prz3mk0
Sounds like most in the pipeline are still coming with v1.00.06.06
Here is some info:

Ordered from BestBuy, will report back in regards to activation and firmware.

Sounds like most in the pipeline are still coming with v1.00.06.06
Here is some info:
From Mad Tech's You Tube... sounds like no matter what version it comes with... when you go to "activate", it forces an upgrade to 1.02.0015 which blocks all future hacks.

That's via the Fly App... not sure about DJI Asst, but can activation occur in DJI Asst?

From Mad Tech's You Tube... sounds like no matter what version it comes with... when you go to "activate", it forces an upgrade to 1.02.0015 which blocks all future hacks.

That's via the Fly App... not sure about DJI Asst, but can activation occur in DJI Asst?

I am not sure, per DH website here Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Hacks
Start our DroneHacks application and flash the firmware version we recommend.
After you have flashed the recommended firmware version you should be able to activate your drone WITHOUT DJI Fly enforcing you to update to the latest version.
Also, per DJI FPV Googles V2 User Guide1648339887760.png

I ended up ordering Googles from BestBuy and a day later ordered a combo since it is/was on sale for $999 (basically $430 plus tax more to have the drone, battery, remote, etc.). Need to figure out how to proceed once I receive the packages.

I am not sure, per DH website here Drone-Hacks, the best way to hack your DJI Drone - Hacks

Also, per DJI FPV Googles V2 User GuideView attachment 5781

I ended up ordering Googles from BestBuy and a day later ordered a combo since it is/was on sale for $999 (basically $430 plus tax more to have the drone, battery, remote, etc.). Need to figure out how to proceed once I receive the packages.
That’s great… if DJI Asst activates, that avoids the Fly App gotcha!

It’s been awhile, I probably used DJI Asst with mine. I normally always try DJI Asst first with all DJI hardware vs a wireless connection with App.

per DH… there site states to update FW via DH applet, then activate with Fly App… that‘s an older note, still may be a gotcha on forced 0015 during activation on Fly App.

Drone Hacks Web Page:
After you have flashed the recommended firmware version you should be able to activate your drone WITHOUT DJI Fly enforcing you to update to the latest version.

per DH… there site states to update FW via DH applet, then activate with Fly App… that‘s an older note, still may be a gotcha on forced 0015 during activation on Fly App.

Drone Hacks Web Page:
I think you might be, unfortunately, right. I looked again at the chart in post #11 here and it states that that new DJI FPV owners will be asked to update to 0015 at the time of activation with currently no known alternative. That is contradicting what DH says on their website. Wonder if there is a difference in regards to which DJI Fly app one is using. I still have 1.4.8 on my iPad... I will contact DH for clarification.

Edit: Just opened support ticket with DH.
Edit2: after back and forth with DH I can't get a clear answer. They don't clearly state I can ACTIVATE without forced update to 0015... still waiting for clarification.

Last edited:
Maybe wait before activation and being forced to upgrade, maybe DH will provide a solution soon.

Maybe wait before activation and being forced to upgrade, maybe DH will provide a solution soon.
Yep, I am considering that option, although this would need to happen within my return period (45 days I believe) for me to be able to test the drone and be sure it is not a lemon. I didn't pick it up yet, probably tomorrow.

Yep, I am considering that option, although this would need to happen within my return period (45 days I believe) for me to be able to test the drone and be sure it is not a lemon. I didn't pick it up yet, probably tomorrow.
Sorry to say, your wait will be furtile... DH doesn't have the ability to "activate". Their previous ability was to install desired FW version... which they can still perform. But during Online Activation, DJI will force the 015 FW prior to Activation.

Everything I've seen... it's a gotcha unless you already have an activated craft or goggles. New product going forward won't be able to obtain previous hacks. Unless DH stumbles accross a new method in future, it's Game Over for new hardware and Buyers.

The one area I haven't read is if an older FlyApp version (or DJI Asst) still forces the 015 upgrade. In Android or iOS... I think Mad Tech indicated older versions didn't prevent forced 015, but not not certain. That might be a direction to explore as a possible.

Similar to other Crafts, newer FW with updates removes the DH Certificate hack and blocks future hacks on pretty much all previously hacked Crafts via Certificate hack.

The Mavic 3 is out of it too... game over, as new Craft that can't use the DH hack. DJI was extremely fast releasing FW to stop the DH Certificate hack on crafts... and stop all future FW to allow.

Until a totally new unforseen Hack is released with a new trick to side-step DJI control... this series of Hacks are done for newer FW and/or Crafts.

The nice thing about the DJI FPV was not needing to connect to Fly App to have full flight operation... but after the Initial Activation. Been a short hack life... major Bummer for New Buyers!

My back and forth with DH, they seem to claim it is possible to activate w/o forced update to 0015 even when asked explicitly. Yet, they never use word "activate" in their replies. Guess I will have to test on my own.

1648693142582.png

Reactions: Przemo-c
Interesting, that sounds like the "unlock certificate" will suffice an activation? Their certificate to my understanding wouldn't effect the activation requirement, it's a certificate hack for zone unlock authorization.

Unless they have a different unlock certificate that does address activation, that would be very helpful to many. That hasn't been advertised on their website, makes it questionable.

If they have a solution, I wish ya the best of luck.

My back and forth with DH, they seem to claim it is possible to activate w/o forced update to 0015 even when asked explicitly. Yet, they never use word "activate" in their replies. Guess I will have to test on my own.

View attachment 5787
I'm in the same boat, I have DJI FPV combo in the mail and wondering exact same thing. Is there a way to activate without forced firmware upgrade. Be if via prior hack, older app version or some firewall blocks... Anything that may work...

Reactions: AirDawn
In the same boat here. Brand new combo waiting to be activated. Not sure what to do yet just incase it gets the latest version. I'll update with my findings.

In the same boat here. Brand new combo waiting to be activated. Not sure what to do yet just incase it gets the latest version. I'll update with my findings.
Do you know what FW is on your not yet activated AC?

I'm in the same boat, I have DJI FPV combo in the mail and wondering exact same thing. Is there a way to activate without forced firmware upgrade. Be if via prior hack, older app version or some firewall blocks... Anything that may work...
I am wondering the same, I do have Fly app 1.4.8. I also have a hacked combo running recommended FW, curious if there would be a way to use it somehow to activate the new one w/o forced upgrade, not sure what FW will my new combo be - didn't pick it up yet from BB

I am wondering the same, I do have Fly app 1.4.8. I also have a hacked combo running recommended FW, curious if there would be a way to use it somehow to activate the new one w/o forced upgrade, not sure what FW will my new combo be - didn't pick it up yet from BB
Given the rather new firmware probably it won't be the dreaded *15 version. I also got in touch with drone hacks support and what I got from them is that I should update firmware to 0020 version using their app and then 0000 and do the certificate hack. I've reiterated that the drone is not activated and they confirmed. Buy I'm not sure if they are taking the goggles activation into consideration and posible lockouts by the goggles.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax