Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I bought a hot glue gun and for what can I use it now?

Primoz_Horvath

Reaction score
Hello,

I just picked up a hot glue gun since it was a bargain.

I'm into FPV for a year now, I I never really needed a hot glue gun but I thought somehow it was part of the fpv workbench equipment. I remember JB using this tool while making a smokestopper but I made it back then without the glue gun.:D
So, besides glueing a broken frame or broken ducts (while waiting for a spare part), or making a smoke stopper, are there any other fpv issues that I can solve with this tool?

regards

Hi, you can always use it to spot glue any plugs on your flight controller or cameras in case of disconnection.Or as I just saw on the XT60 solder connection on the PDB board ? ,for water protection.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmund and Chris_A
I’ve always kept a hot glue gun and use it for way more stuff than
working on drones.
Hey if I get bored I’ll even heat it up and get a spot on my finger to get some exercise running around the house cussing ?

I throw a bead across the wires that go into the plugs on my stack for strain relief. I also put a dab on the antenna to receiver connection. I have no idea if it's functional but it sure makes me feel better.

Reactions: rktman and dirkclod
Do you mean you glue your plugs from fc to esc,vtx,camera...
Can you still unplug them later? Or is it just a tiny little dot in the middle of the 2 plug?
Yes sir, I glue right where the wires are inserted into the connector.

Attachments

• Stack2.png
    Stack2.png
    584.8 KB · Views: 8
Reactions: mrmund
Yes sir, I glue right where the wires are inserted into the connector.
ah ok, now I see it! Very convenient when you have been messing around with those wires!;)
I'll give it a try next time.

thank for all answers!
cheers

I use mine to reinforce pin headers so they don't break in a crash so easily and fill those pesky empty plugs on the FC's to help keep snow out of them

Reactions: Chris_A
I throw a bead across the wires that go into the plugs on my stack for strain relief. I also put a dab on the antenna to receiver connection. I have no idea if it's functional but it sure makes me feel better.
This. Again, this. For a third time, THIS!!!!!

Also, use it to tack down wires for routing management. Just a few little dabs along the way, best in strategic spots. Easily removable when necessary.

Lock in adjustable components (potentiometers, switches, etc.). There's better stuff for this, but glue gun glue works fine, and again, easily removable. Good for screw tension adjustments.

Generously glue your VTX antenna in the holder. Won't totally prevent it from popping out in a crash, but will make it a lot tougher from coming out in those minor bonks. (I just discovered this use).

Reactions: Chris_A
ok, but I like to assemble and disassemble my drone now and then. Won't I have a hard time with all this glue?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blackphoenix