Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

I'm building a brushless micro

Wow is that small...mine is that small to...getting it Monday

Thanks green

Keith

Thanks Jerry,
You are talking about the 2 black wires sticking up towards the ba of the bird?

Keith

Green,
My receiver had a quarter next to it as well however your receiver is literally tiny...amazing what they can do!!!

Keith

Hi Jerry and Green,
I am thinking of buying a DIATONE crusader 150...
The description on a main hobbies says to use a 3s 500mah to 1000mah 45c or bigger...does that mean that i could use my 4s 1300mah 65c batteries in it or not? What do you think?

Thank you kindly
Keith

Hi green,
Is the 4s 1300mah ok for the DIATONE crusader gt200 ..or are they the same ? It is possible that I misread Jerrys list?

Keith

Keith,

The 200 is a 5" prop, 30A ESC bird. The 150 is a 3" prop, 20A ESC bird. They are quite a bit different in size and power. Remember, all of the flying I've done so far with the 200 has been with 3S 1300 not 4S. I just got 4S batteries for it but haven't flown with them yet. If you think my bird looks fast now when I'm not even hitting full throttle, it's going to be a rocket with the 4S on there. You're going to want to really take it easy starting out with 4S batteries and the GT2 200 as your very first bird.

Jerry

Hi. Jerry,
Sorry about the thread situation...i have never done this forum hing either....i just watched what the GT200 can really do....i quickly became aware of the need for excessive moderation
Or i will get a call from someone in the next county.
What do you think about getting a 150 to get the hang of things...i can be flying in a week instead of a month? I would buy 3s 1000mah...question? What exactly does the 30c or 45c 0r 65c mean?

Thanks Keith

Reactions: Jtrjr
Keith,

I deleted the note about the "thread situation" because you're really talking about a 150 not a 200. My bad, not yours.

Yeah, I'd want to be flying now if I were you but I probably wouldn't buy such an expensive quad to "practice" with. You can get a brushed micro quad that has extremely similar components to your GT2 200 for under $100. They use similar FC's and Betaflight, they need to be set-up similarly on your radio, the flight characteristics will be similar (different but similar and very helpful). You can fly them indoors or out (in very low wind). They're fantastic learning and training tools.

I use a JJPro T1 to practice a bit. I know Green has one or two. For me it's an easier way to get started than a full-blown, extremely powerful quad.

Jerry

Amazon.com: Usmile JJPRO-T1 95mm Micro Carbon Fiber BNF Quadcopter Features Brushed F3 with built-in Frsky-Compatible Receiver 25mw 40CH AIO Camera VTX Combo for Micro Indoor fpv racing Support FrskyTaranis X9D: Toys & Games

Reactions: Speeder
Off-topic!!!

Bought a property in Texas yesterday so we're jumping in the car at 4:00am and heading that way in the morning. We're hoping to head back by Friday. Just didn't want anyone to think I died! Good luck, Fella's!

Jerry

Reactions: theGreenOrange

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam