Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Is s-bus the same as i-bus!!?? Newbie still very confused - please help!

mackerel

Reaction score
I am trying to setup my first drone - Diatone GT MK-3. I have bought everything I think I need but I think I may have an RX/FC incompatibility issue. I have a Turnigy TGY-i6 TX (bought that as it was the cheapest and included RX) but discovered that the included RX does not have S-bus which is what I THINK the Diatone FC uses (can anyone confirm!?). So I bought an X68 receiver, which I have now discovered does not mention S-bus, only i-Bus - are these the same!!?? Also - it is a couple of mm to mount nicely in the drone.

I am thinking I may have made a false economy in the Turnigy and might be better off returning that and the X68 - unless anyone can advise about driving S-bus from my RX??

Thanks in advance people - this stuff badly needs some documents!!! Please point me to any that exist.

Here is my setup - I have at least bound the TX/RX

Attachments

• 20180716_211124.jpg
    20180716_211124.jpg
    362.4 KB · Views: 5
Reactions: Wayno52
They are basically the same but developed by two different folks. Ibus is different in that you don't have to calibrate end points whereas with sbus you do

Thanks for the replies - so maybe I am OK with connecting my RX into the drone as I have?? None of the controls are doing anything, so that makes me think maybe not!! Any ideas?

Hi Wayno52, what is betaflight!!?? I haven't assigned any switches, failsafe etc. I was going to do that once I saw some signs of life from the motors.

Thanks so much for the links, this looks really helpful!! I do have a laptop - hopefully it will be obvious where I plug it in to the drone? I think there is a micro-USB connector on it?

AWesome!! Thanks so much - I am setup!!! I think the only oustanding issue is that I can't see any AUX channels responding to my Turnigy switches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Notubesmaster