Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Mamba Flight Stack, Green Light, No Power to Receiver or VTX Help Please!

RazinDrone

Reaction score
So as you guys here can see in the photos, my new mamba f405 Mk2 with the 40a matching ESC's and flight controller is not working. To elaborate on my current problem, when I plug in the battery there is a Green, White and feint red light on the Flight controller and I only get the first 3 beeps and not the last 2. So I know that the ESC's and motors still work but it is the FC. Then when I plug in the receiver the white and and feint red light go away and there is only a green one as the photo shows. So I am really discouraged as a beginner and though I would come to this forum for some help from you guys. Just as background I have crashed 2 times trying to fly. The first ripped out the bat wires but that wasn't an issue and I re-soldered it in an afternoon and after replacing the FC to ESC wires it was back up and running. The 2nd time was less serious as I crashed in soft dirt and nothing happened. I was back to flying right after. The next day I went to fly and this problem happened. So like I said I am really getting discouraged because I have no Idea what is the problem (I have tried like everything including flashing the firmware on betafligh). So I would really appreciate if you guys helped. Thanks and I hope to be flying soon!
Mamba FC5.jpeg
Mamba FC4.jpegMamba FC1.jpegMamba FC2.jpeg

Attachments

• Mamba FC3.jpeg
    Mamba FC3.jpeg
    23.2 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: oropeza28
Just want to know if there are any nifty tricks to fix and maybe need to purchase a new FC. But thanks! And fyi there is normally a red, green, white, flashing blue and orange light.

Last edited:
Hi Razin
I have similar problem with my Mamba as well, What I've tried today was to update the firmware on the FC to 4.1.4 but no luck as well.
The only thing is when I connect the board to the usb and power with the battery as well the FC does beep normaly and ESC also beeps as normal, once I've disconnected from the usb then just green light on the FC comes up. I suspect that must be something wrong with the power on the FC as I plugged in another FC ( spare ) onto the same setup and the second FC works fine ( however without the RX or VTX installed).
Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks guys

Hi Razin
I have similar problem with my Mamba as well, What I've tried today was to update the firmware on the FC to 4.1.4 but no luck as well.
The only thing is when I connect the board to the usb and power with the battery as well the FC does beep normaly and ESC also beeps as normal, once I've disconnected from the usb then just green light on the FC comes up. I suspect that must be something wrong with the power on the FC as I plugged in another FC ( spare ) onto the same setup and the second FC works fine ( however without the RX or VTX installed).
Thanks guys
Update;
I fixed the problem
Turns out that the negative/ground wire plug from esc to fc was fried and broken off. So I soldered the wire externally. It fixed theproblem. Try to see if your plugs are damaged. Also this happened once before and I changed out the cable that connects the esc to fc and it fixed it. So try both. Hope this helps. Good luck!!

Hi Razin
I will try that tonight when I get home, thanks for the tips.
Let you know tomorrow how did it go.
Cheers

So as you guys here can see in the photos, my new mamba f405 Mk2 with the 40a matching ESC's and flight controller is not working. To elaborate on my current problem, when I plug in the battery there is a Green, White and feint red light on the Flight controller and I only get the first 3 beeps and not the last 2. So I know that the ESC's and motors still work but it is the FC. Then when I plug in the receiver the white and and feint red light go away and there is only a green one as the photo shows. So I am really discouraged as a beginner and though I would come to this forum for some help from you guys. Just as background I have crashed 2 times trying to fly. The first ripped out the bat wires but that wasn't an issue and I re-soldered it in an afternoon and after replacing the FC to ESC wires it was back up and running. The 2nd time was less serious as I crashed in soft dirt and nothing happened. I was back to flying right after. The next day I went to fly and this problem happened. So like I said I am really getting discouraged because I have no Idea what is the problem (I have tried like everything including flashing the firmware on betafligh). So I would really appreciate if you guys helped. Thanks and I hope to be flying soon!
View attachment 3913
View attachment 3912View attachment 3910View attachment 3909
hello i am dealing with the same exact problem and i still don't know how to fix it, it would really help if there could be a way to fix it, pls help.

hello i am dealing with the same exact problem and i still don't know how to fix it, it would really help if there could be a way to fix it, pls help.
Yeah so what I did is I checked the board connections like the battery things and on the fc from where the wires connect with a multi meter and I found the problem. It turns out one of the prongs broke and so I externally soldered a wire from the esc to the fc. Hope this helps!

Reactions: Slowest hare
I got the same problem when I was welding the buzzer, I desolder the wires and soldered it again, the green led means that only the 9V source is on, the 5V source is not working, in my case because the short circuit in the solder pads.

Reactions: Slowest hare
Hi Razin
Thanks guys
I had this problem too. The only way I found to get it to work is to downgrade the firmware to 4.1.1 (before legacy) this is extremely confusing why but it works.

Yeah so what I did is I checked the board connections like the battery things and on the fc from where the wires connect with a multi meter and I found the problem. It turns out one of the prongs broke and so I externally soldered a wire from the esc to the fc. Hope this helps!
This helped me so much thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kodax