Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Motion Controller Gimbal Tilt Problem

Made2Phly

Reaction score
Gimbal tilt switch/slider on motion controller does not work when A/C is airborne. It does work before take off. Anyone else having this issue ? Thoughts ? Solutions ?

I think I read the drone has to be braked for it to activate...

Gimbal tilt switch/slider on motion controller does not work when A/C is airborne. It does work before take off. Anyone else having this issue ? Thoughts ? Solutions ?
The gimbal tilt switch on the Motion Controller only works prior to take off. It's working correctly.

I found that if I change the gimbal to something other than 0° before takeoff, as soon as I takeoff, it moves back to 0°. That being the case, what is the purpose of the gimbal tilt?

So the gimbal slider only works for me in RTH. Kinda makes sense so you can see you where you are going I guess.

its interesting you posted this.. the first flight i ever did with my motion controller I could swear the tilt function worked great, but after that flight it hasnt worked since. I did see somewhere (even though i cant remember exactly) that it was mentioned that it is going to be enabled in future firmware. Im not sure if the original firmware allowed it but there was some issues procedurally that they wanted to work out or what. When i read it was coming I wrote it off and figured it would work again eventually. I brought it to work today with plans to fly it with the motion controller around lunch.

its interesting you posted this.. the first flight i ever did with my motion controller I could swear the tilt function worked great, but after that flight it hasnt worked since. I did see somewhere (even though i cant remember exactly) that it was mentioned that it is going to be enabled in future firmware. Im not sure if the original firmware allowed it but there was some issues procedurally that they wanted to work out or what. When i read it was coming I wrote it off and figured it would work again eventually. I brought it to work today with plans to fly it with the motion controller around lunch.

Same experience with it working once. I thought I had the procedure down, but now it always returns to 0° as soon as it hovers on takeoff. Been searching for a solution, which is why I found this. Is there a way to set the tilt that stays after takeoff?

JTC652 above says no gimbal tilt with flight controller is normal. I 'm not sure why DJI would do this, but there you have it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81