Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

My DJI Mini 2 Review

Demetrius Chan

Reaction score
So I got a hold of the Mini 2 last week, and I was so excited that all parts and accessories were just scattered every which way, which is why I couldn’t prepare a proper pictorial or unboxing video. Anyway, here’s my take on this new tiny drone from DJI.
1z9xGdjx1oeuQUEG9v0rDWHofx4mdsuON4ppRCEmaNS4tyqWFBY6W40JX7AzhRhFL7knvuOSHbfJU30UjpqbL1Gby87gvpjfda_tMI7VuqSIMEiDLAFRf0Cq9eHSBu1UQa-vhLyQ

From the looks of it, nothing much has changed from the original Mavic Mini. Externally, all I’ve seen changed is that the “Mini 2” was tattooed on one arm, the orange-tipped propellers, and the new LED light in front of the drone. You can change how this lights up in the DJI Fly App, by the way.

You can tell once you fly it, however, that the insides have been revamped. The motors rev up more powerfully now more than ever, yet they are still more quiet than the first version of this drone. The Mini 2 was advertised to have scale 5 wind resistance, and while we haven’t had full-on winds here, I can say that it can handle 20-25 kph gusts pretty easily and I can still control my craft well.
m2WO49_1aM5WqkrUmIqV4j7mI8e6eDmP1pFQPI8jOXjOIpEr1rNpfjHaE1xFCyk7owHJfwxproTltMR0-luU80ZhH-pGti5EiTsUpUyXxugnWxZulGCvvrL0zPW10uv_BINoj1Ly

As I got the Fly More Combo (thanks Best Buy!), I also had some spare props, extra batteries, a multi-battery charger (which can also serve as a powerbank although strangely can only charge up one battery at a time), and a cool bag that I can carry all of my stuff in. I’m on the lookout for a nice case that will look better than a glorified purse for the Mini, though.

If you’re looking for some mind-blowing enhancements, unfortunately, you won’t find it. Still, the addition of a 4k camera is very appealing. This allows you to create some very cinematic shots. Other additional features include an additional Quickshot mode as well as Panorama mode.

Of course, major upgrades include the ability to zoom, the ability to shoot raw photos, and increased speed (although I don’t max it out as I am a very careful flyer). It also has QuickTransfer and Trimmed Download modes that are mostly used for sharing and transferring photos and videos captured by your drone.

My favorite feature, however, is that the Mini 2 now has the OcuSync 2.0 transmission system. This means that, in perfect environments, you can now reach up to 10 km range and beyond. This appeals to me as I’m not really a cinematographer but rather a casual flyer that simply wants to explore.

Even in areas with high interference, I can easily navigate with little signal losses, and the farthest that I have gone is around 8 km before I either lose my nerve or until my battery runs out. LOL

I have nothing but love for the original Mavic Mini, but it’s obvious that the Mini 2 is the clear winner. If you have the money and would like to upgrade but cannot afford the Mavic Air 2, or if you’re a beginner and looking for your very first drone, I would highly recommend this tiny UAV.

Some words of caution, though, especially for first time fliers. The Mini 2 only has bottom sensors, so if you crash it especially if you don’t have prop guards, it’s on you. Secondly, always take precautions before flight such as checking your compass and setting your Return to Home points. Also, don’t expect awesome footage from this drone. It’s good, but there are others that can provide way better footage, but at a cost.
F48Mhjaeas2GBlvt3V_e1j_WCB7ZEHSVB_3HiPIMsbJhQPBj3x77fXECbm3d875E8wwKCE37yfR3u6XnIJ6ud7l9OSbI6rfMndCJ3OihTVW-MGvPAHDTSP9_4AUmWsy-iFreOm42

If you want a light drone that does not need registration and can keep up with some of the big boys out there, then I would highly recommend the DJI Mini 2. It’s the best small drone I’ve flown so far, and I love it. I’m sure that you’ll love it, too.

Reactions: tevek and mrmund
My daughter just bought one for her better half and apparently I’m to expect a phone call on Xmas day to help them set it up. Since I’m the ‘expert’ in all things drones, the first crash will be my fault.... Watching the reviews has me tempted to maybe get one just for the portability and simplicity of it.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
My daughter just bought one for her better half and apparently I’m to expect a phone call on Xmas day to help them set it up. Since I’m the ‘expert’ in all things drones, the first crash will be my fault.... Watching the reviews has me tempted to maybe get one just for the portability and simplicity of it.
I can see you now, building diving the mini

Reactions: tevek

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone