Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Need Help - Drone Selection

bdrones

Reaction score
I'm new to drones and want to create a DIY build for fun. Will the parts below work well together? Is there anything I'm missing? Is there any way to get everything below ~$400? If necessary, I'm fine with using my phone as a display instead of the goggles. Also is GetFPV expensive? Is buying from Banggood cheaper? What about hobbyking? Is there an easy way to attach a GoPro Hero 8 for cinematic shots?

Frame: Flywoo Mr.Croc 5" 225mm Freestyle Frame Kit - Gold

Motors: EMAX ECO II Series 2306 Motor (1700KV/1900KV/2400KV)

Lipo: XILO 1500mAh 4S 100c Basher LiPo Battery XT60

Stack: MAMBA MK4 F722 APP 45A/F55A/F65A_128K 3-6S Flight Controller Stack 30mm/M3

GPS: Mamba GPS/Beidou M8PLUS/M22

Charger: iSDT 608AC Smart Battery Charger AC 50W DC 200W 8A w/ Detachable Power Supply

FPV Cam: Foxeer T-Rex Micro 1500TVL 1.7mm FPV Camera

Transmitter: RushFPV RUSH TANK II 5.8GHz VTX w/ Smart Audio

Props: Amazon.com: 12pcs HQProp Ethix S5 Prop Light Grey 5x4x3 Tri-Blade Propeller 5 Inch Props for RC FPV Drone Quadcopter : Toys & Games

Antennas: https://www.amazon.com/SoloGood-RUSHCHERRY-Antenna-5-8GHz-2-5dBi/dp/B07K87P3XM?

Controller: BETAFPV LiteRadio 2 SE Radio Transmitter - FrSky / ELRS

Goggles: EV800D 5.8GHz 40CH Diversity FPV Goggles w/ DVR

Welcome to the forum.

I only fly small whoops and quads so I can't really help with the build. What I can help with, is where to purchase. First off, do everything possible to stay away from Banggood. Me and many others have had nightmare issues with them. I only deal with them if nobody else has the part and only things that are non electronic and I don't need it soon. If you have a problem with anything, good luck trying to get it resolved.
I deal with three dealers in this order. RDQ, Pyrodrone, GetFPV. RDQ and Pyrodrone also have great customer service if you have a problem with something. Amazon has a lot of the stuff but is usually more expensive and sometimes much more expensive.

The Rush Tank is generally called VTX versus Transmitter. Transmitter usually refers to the controller. You will also need to add a RX receiver to your list. It is what receives the signal from the transmitter and talks to the flight controller. Going by your transmitter selection, I would go with a ELRS RX receiver..

Hopefully someone will chime in with help on the build.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya