Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New quad is nose heavy

mrmund

Reaction score
So I recently build a qwad on an iflight titan frame. I got everything together and have done a few test flights.
One thing I can't figure out is it seems to be "nose heavy" and I'm not sure how to fix it. It flies fine but if I ease off the pitch the nose starts to drop. I've calibrated the the accelerometer many times with no change. Having a gopro mounted or not seems to make no difference. I feel like there's some kind of adjustment that I don't know how to do yet.
Any ideas how to fix it?

Are you flying in Angle mode? You can trim your balance (ie. hold position) for Angle mode with the trim features in Betaflight. If you are flying in Acro mode, the gyro data will have the motors spin up or down to keep your flight level based on your stick inputs. If this is happening in Acro mode, you have more issues to contend with.

Report back what mode you are flying in and I will give you more details on how to solve it since they are different solutions.

Last edited:
So what you've indicated is that you "ease off the pitch the nose starts to drop" but that statement is confusing. Let me see if I am understanding your issue. If you set your pitch angle to 25 degrees and continue to fly at that constant forward angle, if you zero your stick on the pitch axis, it keeps pitching forward slowly to 26,27,28 29... degrees?

If this is the case, your midpoints aren't aligned with the center of your sticks. You can recalibrate then check your receiver tab in Betaflight when your pitch is centered your output should be 1500. It is likely currently higher than 1500 at zero stick which is adding pitch forward in the zero position. You can also adjust from your radio but you should re-calibrate first.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrmund
Hey Droneguy, thanks for your help. You are correct, my pitch mid point is off. I'll do some research tonight and try to figure out how to fix it in betaflight. I use a Jumper Tsg V2 transmitter which runs Deviation op system. My other qwads run fine so I think it needs to be fixed in Betaflight. I just need to do some research and figure out how to change it.

Attachments

• Screenshot (9).png
    Screenshot (9).png
    334.5 KB · Views: 6
Run a calibration on the radio gimbals as a first step. It will fix the issue for most people. After that, report back and I can give you a summary of steps on how to best proceed. In Beta-flight, you can override the stick center value as seen in your screenshot, but do the calibration first.

Ok, will do. Again, thanks for your help. I only started FPV the very end of September so no matter how obsessed I am and how much I information I've learned there still so much.

Reactions: droneguy
Ok, will do. Again, thanks for your help. I only started FPV the very end of September so no matter how obsessed I am and how much I information I've learned there still so much.
We all have to start somewhere. I've been into FPV for 6 years and still learn new things every day. To me, it's part of the appeal of FPV and the world of drones. I've started filming a 23 step guide to FPV for beginners but it will cover the basics to how to refine your setup of your radio, drone, tuning, camera setup etc. to get the most out of your time in FPV. I will start releasing the videos in approximately 4 weeks. Probably not intended just for beginners, but for anyone looking to refine your setup for maximum enjoyment.

Last edited:
Your roll and yaw is also off by 3 and 5, after you calibrate your Jumper which I also have, and your still off by a little like 3-10, you can always use your trim buttons on your transmitter to even them out to 1500. Having them even off by 3 or 5 can also make the quad shift. I had my roll off by 5 and the drone kept slowing rolling in one direction until I trimmed it out with the buttons. Once you set it, it will save to that profile on your jumper, so you wont have to keep setting it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nailz