Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New to drones

Well Green, you know I can build, but would rather learn to fly and what's what in this hobby before I spend too much time on it, plus you get plenty of time rebuilding/repairing to satisfy my need to solder ;)

I started with this one, fell in love so hard after throwing an XM+ in it, adding in 25/100/200mw and a Rakon canopy... 76mm Griffon FPV 1103 8000kv running 2 x 1s 205-260mah Tiny Whoop batts

https://www.rakonheli.com/rakonheli-2s-delrin-carbon-76mm-brushless-whoop-pnp.html
upload_2018-4-5_21-59-28.png

upload_2018-4-5_22-0-29.png

Then there were 2, I went with the micro 8 channel Frsky BNF on the second one... else same as above

https://www.rakonheli.com/rakonheli-2s-delrin-carbon-76mm-brushless-whoop-bnf-frsky.html

upload_2018-4-5_22-4-23.png

Then I had so many points built up and a 20% discount coupon to Helination and picked up this one, was going to get the Delron 2s model but they didn't have any left so I got the aluminum one and am very glad I did. They are so light that even with all the bumps and bangs I've given it already the thing doesnt have so much as a scratch let alone a bend in the ducts... 66mm Griffon FPV 0603 8000kv running 2 x 1s 205-260mah Tiny Whoop batts

Rakonheli 2S AL Carbon 66mm Brushless Whoop PNP (Purple)

They are a ball, I can tell you that. They sound like they are going to rattle apart but fly great and the video out of them is great, so I just don't listen much unless they were to make a "new" sound Lol

Yeah, the 1103/8000kv move pretty good on the 76mm which is 40mm ducts, plenty powerful for me! On the 1s versions they use the 12000kv motors in the same size.

Reactions: Wayno52
Been looking around and unfortunately in Australia with our ridiculous import taxes, to me it looks like the wizard package would be best for price. By the time you add a decent charger and a few extra batteries it will be around the $500.
Or like Green suggested you could go a smaller quad but not too much around in rtf. Non of the packages on amazon ship to Australia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
captadam