Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

New to FPV, I need a little help

Reflow

Reaction score
I am planning on purchasing the Betafpv Beta85X v2 (Frsky FCC) and the Betafpv Lite Radio 2 SE Radio Transmitter (Frsky) also the Betafpv VR01 FPV Goggles

For the batteries Betafpv recommends the Betafpv 450mah 4s 75c Lipo Batteries
Also for the charger iFlight M4AC 30W 2.5A AC Smart Battery Balance Charger

I would just like to know if everything is compatible
Thank you!

Hey Reflow,

Are you planning on carrying a camera on the drone? Like a Insta360 GO for example?

The components you have listed will all work together and will make a great starter drone kit for getting into FPV. For most people once they get into FPV, they will eventually want to get other drones that have different flight characteristics. There is only one consideration I would point out. Although the iFlight charger will meet your immediate needs, the fact it is only a 30W charger will seriously limit you for charging bigger batteries or charging more than one battery at once. If you don't mind waiting 40-60min for each battrery to charge then I guess it will be fine. Going to a 100W+ charger will provide alot more flexibility and growth for the future. A more serious charger would be in the 300W range which would allow you to charge larger batteries faster or multiple batteries at once.

That would be my only criticism. The Beta85X is a good started drone, but the 95x v3 would be much better if you want to carry a small action camera. The 85X is a little under powered if you use batteries larger that 450mAh or carry any extra weight.

Best of luck and welcome to the hobby!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Starz

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colorsone