Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Newbie - looking to go from avata to?

zmanley

Reaction score
Hello! I have a DJI avata with goggles 2 and motion controller. I love the experience but I think I have outgrown it. I want something much faster, without all the regulation. All the fpv racing drones (dji 03) I've looked at seem to have a flight time of less than ten minutes per battery. Is that just the way of things or is there another option I dont know about? Thank you!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum! We look forward to hearing from you!

Reactions: zmanley
Welcome!

Sorry to say that if you can get around 10 minutes with a traditional FPV quad, freestyle or racing, you'll be doing good. Obviously, the harder you fly, the shorter the flight times.

Reactions: boatdoc
Welcome!

Sorry to say that if you can get around 10 minutes with a traditional FPV quad, freestyle or racing, you'll be doing good. Obviously, the harder you fly, the shorter the flight times.
Thank you. I'm starting to realize the majority are like that. However, I found one or two, that boast 30 minutes of flight time - typically 6s with a 3500-5000mah lipo battery BUT THEN, at these same sites, I see 6s batteries that are 22000mah!!! What the heck are these for!? Could I potentially use one on a drone with the right setup and get some serious flight time or is it all about balance. Thanks again!

What the heck are these for!?
Stuff designed to lift heavy payloads like cinema cameras etc...

is it all about balance.
Yup. If you want something with some punch then 10mins is already a lot. Something with bigger batteries will then have a worse power to weight ratio and will be a lot more "sluggish". More powerful motors to compensate would just bring you back to those flight times, just on a bigger machine.
All depends how you fly and what you expect. E.g. you can fly 15 mins with an avata 2 if you're just cruising around, just like you can empty it in 6 mins if you do a bunch of acro.

Reactions: boatdoc
welcome to the forum.

I am in a similar place like you. I want Ready to FLY fast and agile fpv drones. The DJI FPV is one such drone kit. I am looking for pointers towards others

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acTaste