Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

No remote ID in Canada?

It's Me

Reaction score
Hey All!

I recently bought the MC2 and had to upgrade the firmware on the Googles 2 and the Avata. I had not done the previous updates as I didn't want to have to use remote ID yet. To my surprise, everything is on the latest firmware, but no remote ID. So, no remote ID in Canada? Or a glitch because I didn't do the initial updates?

Reactions: Barbara
Thats right no remote ID in Canada.Unless of course you live really close to the border like i do.Then i have to plug the phone in order to take off but not always.If i take off fairly quick after acheiving enough sat's i can get away without plugging in my phone..

Reactions: Barbara
Hey All!

I recently bought the MC2 and had to upgrade the firmware on the Googles 2 and the Avata. I had not done the previous updates as I didn't want to have to use remote ID yet. To my surprise, everything is on the latest firmware, but no remote ID. So, no remote ID in Canada? Or a glitch because I didn't do the initial updates?
That be good news, as I too contemplate getting the MC2 and have no wish to activate RID as it NOT required here in Canada (yet).

In any case, I would be interested in hearing other Canucks corroborate your experience.

Thats right no remote ID in Canada.Unless of course you live really close to the border like i do.Then i have to plug the phone in order to take off but not always.If i take off fairly quick after acheiving enough sat's i can get away without plugging in my phone..
That's an interesting observation. Wonder what criterion it could be using, and how close is close, if indeed proximity is a factor.

Is this still correct, if I upgrade my firmware, and fly in canada, it won't be asking me to do remote ID? It makes sense that it wouldn't ask you to use remote ID outside the usa, but I really, really don't want to have to screw around with a phone when right now I can just power up and head out. So I want to be absolutely sure. Thank you

Is this still correct, if I upgrade my firmware, and fly in canada, it won't be asking me to do remote ID? It makes sense that it wouldn't ask you to use remote ID outside the usa, but I really, really don't want to have to screw around with a phone when right now I can just power up and head out. So I want to be absolutely sure. Thank you
Still haven't seen a definitive answer to this yet myself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
az.lonewolf81