Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Questions as a DJI FPV user buying an Avata…

Another today, really really happy with how this handles and feels, and definitely can't do that with the FPV...

And landing after 9min with 25% rocks.

Clipboard01.jpg

Another today, really really happy with how this handles and feels, and definitely can't do that with the FPV...

And landing after 9min with 25% rocks.

View attachment 5934
Okay, nice image of the 25% rocks.

What do 50% rocks look like? 75? We need more rock pictures!!!

😁

@Kilrah, you're torturing me (on purpose, I know 😅😅)!

At your leisurely convenience, if that location's nearby, could you record 30 seconds or so weaving through those trees with Horizon Steady on? would love to see how good a job it does with a flight like that.

At your leisurely convenience, if that location's nearby, could you record 30 seconds or so weaving through those trees with Horizon Steady on? would love to see how good a job it does with a flight like that.
That's a good idea. Not that close but I'll probably go there on Monday or so again. Should receive the extra batteries then as well, so far I've been delaying any "tests" until I have them, can't fly at home and if I'm going out for just 9 minutes of flight I'd rather actually enjoy flying rather than testing stuff :p

So received 2 more batteries, 4 flights yesterday - gave it a try with the old FPV Goggles V2, and I think I prefer them to the Goggles 2. The latter are more compact so still probably preferable if you want to throw everything in a bag "just in case" but if I can make room for the bigger ones I'll likely do that. Bigger screen, sharper, more comfortable (I have an aftermarket foam).
Transmission is pretty much the same, very slightly better on the old ones but not significantly. So IMO if you have an FPV already and intend to fly manual buying the Avata alone is perfectly fine.

Other than that still same thoughts, the FPV was the first half of the dream and the Avata is the 2nd. This thing is so smooth and precise...

My FPV's backpack conveniently fits the Avata just right in the front pouch so I can have everything to fly both in one place, cool :p

IMG_20220906_080303.jpg
IMG_20220906_080315.jpg

Last edited:
That was a beautiful early morning flight, especially over the mirror water 👍

Well I picked up a used FPV Fly more combo with 3 batteries, MC and case, and ordered the Avata only, figured by the time I ordered the Pro Avata kit and the FPV controller it would be 1700 bucks, when I got the FPV and the Avata only for the same. now I have two FPVs instead of just the Avata. I can do without the latest pair of goggles. Now if only the Avata would get here! lol Took the FPV up for its maiden flight and definitely liking it with both the stick and MC controllers. No motion sickness as I have been flying my Mini 2 and Air 2S with goggles on. Really looking forward to getting the Avata though.

No motion sickness as I have been flying my Mini 2 and Air 2S with goggles on. Really looking forward to getting the Avata though.
Congrats!

People over on mavicpilots.com are gonna want to hear about how you're goggling the Mini2 an A2S (if it's not a phone holder).

Congrats!

People over on mavicpilots.com are gonna want to hear about how you're goggling the Mini2 an A2S (if it's not a phone holder).
Pretty common knowledge that using the smart controller which has a hdmi out port connected to goggles. (I use the yuneec ones) You can either use fpv mode or not.

Reactions: SWTSU
Pretty common knowledge that using the smart controller which has a hdmi out port connected to goggles. (I use the yuneec ones) You can either use fpv mode or not.
Well, common to owners of Smart Controllers, at least, a somewhat rarified group, perhaps 🙂

Reactions: GoodnNuff
So received 2 more batteries, 4 flights yesterday - gave it a try with the old FPV Goggles V2, and I think I prefer them to the Goggles 2. The latter are more compact so still probably preferable if you want to throw everything in a bag "just in case" but if I can make room for the bigger ones I'll likely do that. Bigger screen, sharper, more comfortable (I have an aftermarket foam).
Transmission is pretty much the same, very slightly better on the old ones but not significantly. So IMO if you have an FPV already and intend to fly manual buying the Avata alone is perfectly fine.

Other than that still same thoughts, the FPV was the first half of the dream and the Avata is the 2nd. This thing is so smooth and precise...

My FPV's backpack conveniently fits the Avata just right in the front pouch so I can have everything to fly both in one place, cool :p

View attachment 5942
View attachment 5943
Nice flying! Are you flying in sport mode or manual? If sport mode are you using the right stick to bank, or just the left stick only to turn? I have the FPV drone and love it but it certanly does not turn as quickly as the Avata and tends to over correct when leveling off after turns using both sticks. Still waiting for my avata to arrive

Manual. Pretty much haven't touched the other modes other than at takeoff and landing...

I have the FPV also and figured i get just the Atava drone and be good to for just 650 or whatever. But then i realized, one battery just aint enough. So 2 more batteries and a charger and I’m up to $1,000. But I’m still going shuck out the $1K
Have to have go juice ! I’ve bought four more batteries. I love this thing.

Drone On

I was under the impression that the batteries on the Avata and FPV were interchangeable. But here I read that they are not?

I also bought the FPV with fly more and Avata drone only. Waiting to fly both. Still on the simulator.

Reactions: Texas Red

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
happypapaya