Welcome to FPVDronePilots!
Join our free FPV drone community today!

Questions as a DJI FPV user buying an Avata…

Yep. After looking for myself they are not even close. Looks like a Avata fly more kit is in my future.

Not common for DJI to make compatible batteries and more so in this case, these are totally different drones, power requirements are not even close considering the difference in nature, performance and function

Reactions: Kilrah
I have sold drones in the past but always regretted it in the end. So I won't sell anymore. I dont have the FPV with me on holiday but one thing to look forward to when I get back. That thing is just bad....
If you get close, to say a path or road, it gives you a mind blast. My only gripe is that it wobbles too much. So I am going to put a gopro on it or use gyroflow if it works. Now combining footage with the Avata and the FPV would be fun.

A word of warning. At least from my point of view. When you fly the FPV in sports mode, a lot, you quite soon get the message in your headset, "Battery at end of life." You can still fly with it but do not go far, cos it slows down and may not even get back. I have two now that are like me, "Battery at end of life."

I have sold drones in the past but always regretted it in the end. So I won't sell anymore.
For an alternative perspective, sold my Mini 2 to finance a Mini 3 Pro, and I don't miss the 2 at all. Same upgrading Air2 to 2S.

Only regret was selling M2P, cause I wasn't using it. Wish I'd kept it, but now that the M3 supports waypoints, I think I'm going to save my pennies and round out my Squadron at the top with a M3 standard.

I have a Mavic 3, FPV, Air 2, Mavic Pro Platinum and am changing out/upgrading the fleet. I'm selling my Air 2 and MPP. I was going to sell the FPV and get the Avata. I changed my mind and just bought the Avata standalone and the Fly More for extra batteries. My plan is to share the goggles/controller between the Avata and FPV. I enjoy the FPV but am scared to fly in full manual. I don't think I'll have that fear with the Avata as it's a bit more crash tolerant. I also want something a little lighter for pictures/video while hiking so going to get a Mini 3 Pro to use as my carry along. My Mavic 3 will still be my go to for pictures/video when weight isn't an issue.

@Joe650 sounds similar to my fleet, which will be changing out the A2S for an M3 Standard.

There's always endless opposing opinions about Care Refresh, so let's not get into that. I will simply share that it's paid for itself for me with the Avata after a bad crash learning manual.

Actually, learning the emergency stop button. I pretend I have an emergency on almost every manual flight and press it, so I keep it top of mind. It's a miracle feature not available on traditional built or BNF FPV drones.

@Joe650 sounds similar to my fleet, which will be changing out the A2S for an M3 Standard.

There's always endless opposing opinions about Care Refresh, so let's not get into that. I will simply share that it's paid for itself for me with the Avata after a bad crash learning manual.

Actually, learning the emergency stop button. I pretend I have an emergency on almost every manual flight and press it, so I keep it top of mind. It's a miracle feature not available on traditional built or BNF FPV drones.
Completely agree on Refresh. I just used it for a work drone that I crash, won't get into details but fuselage was cracked because it crashed right onto a fence post. I had the replacement drone shipping notification in less than an hour after calling it in. Probably different with consumer drones but still very useful I think.

I started doing the same thing on my FPV and plan to start out slow and practice emergency procedures/stop button quite a bit before I start increasing speed.

Pretty common knowledge that using the smart controller which has a hdmi out port connected to goggles. (I use the yuneec ones) You can either use fpv mode or not.
Did not know about this. Will try soon, thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larcas